Software Engineer – Natural Language Processing – New Frontiers
Team: New Frontiers
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What We Do:
Company: We provide an AI software platform that allows enterprises to design, build, experiment, customize, operate and own vertical AI solutions in a wide range of industries and areas, such as healthcare, industrial manufacturing and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, autonomous driving, and beyond. Petuum lets enterprises easily understand and apply AI to gain deep insight for better decision-making and improved productivity and efficiency. Our mission is to enable organizations to own, build and become informed users of their AI solutions, without relying on expensive talents.
What You Will Do:
- Develop practical solutions to a real-world problem with NLP methods.
- Demonstrate understanding of ML fundamentals including algorithm design and software engineering.
- Build and deploy large-scale NLP and machine learning pipelines.
- Drive the testing, documentation, verification, productization and maintenance of the algorithms and pipelines.
- Become familiar with Petuum's evolving in-house and open-source technologies and methods.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ve Already Done:
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field. An advanced degree or equivalent practical work experience is a plus.
- You have 0-4+ years of experience.
- Experience with applying NLP to solving real world problems.
- Startup experience is a plus.
What You Already Know:
- Languages: Python, C++
- Frameworks/Libraries: Familiar with TensorFlow, Caffe, or PyTorch
What We Offer for your Valuable Work:
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more.
Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.