Senior Staff Software Engineer – Natural Language Processing
Team: Data Services and Solutions
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What We Do:
Company: We provide an AI software platform that allows enterprises to design, build, experiment, customize, operate and own vertical AI solutions in a wide range of industries and areas, such as healthcare, industrial manufacturing and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, autonomous driving, and beyond. Petuum lets enterprises easily understand and apply AI to gain deep insight for better decision-making and improved productivity and efficiency. Our mission is to enable organizations to own, build and become informed users of their AI solutions, without relying on expensive talents.
Team: Petuum's Natural Language Processing (NLP) team applies world-class research to leading software engineering practices to process and analyze large amounts of natural language data.
What You Will Do:
- Experience with developing practical solutions to a real-world problem with NLP methods.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of ML fundamentals, algorithm design and software engineering.
- Build and deploy large-scale NLP and machine learning pipelines.
- Drive the testing, documentation, verification, productization and maintenance of the algorithms and pipelines.
- Familiar with Petuum's evolving in-house and open-source technologies and methods.
- Experience leading a team of NLP Engineers, Data Scientists, and Software Engineers.
- Review code and mentor junior engineers on best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ve Already Done:
- You have a Master's Degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field. A Ph.D. or equivalent practical work experience is a plus.
- You have 8+ years of experience.
- Experience with applying NLP to solving real world problems.
- Experience with implementing NLP/ML algorithms.
- Startup experience is a plus.
What You Already Know:
- Languages: Python, C++
What We Offer for your Valuable Work:
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more.
Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.