Senior Software Engineer – Back End – Workflow
Team: Library and Services
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What We Do:
Company: We provide an AI software platform that allows enterprises to design, build, experiment, customize, operate and own vertical AI solutions in a wide range of industries and areas, such as healthcare, industrial manufacturing and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, autonomous driving, and beyond. Petuum lets enterprises easily understand and apply AI to gain deep insight for better decision-making and improved productivity and efficiency. Our mission is to enable organizations to own, build and become informed users of their AI solutions, without relying on expensive talents.
Team: The Library and Services team implements the next generation of data transformation and machine learning (ML) systems. We build tools to both (a) process raw data and (b) apply powerful ML-models to the prepared data.
What You Will Do:
- Architect, design, implement and test backend data and ML pipelines/services.
- Design and implement efficient, reusable, testable libraries and services.
- Work with product managers and designers to build new features.
- Lead development of features with cross-functional teams.
- Mentor junior engineers in the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ve Already Done:
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field. An advanced degree or equivalent practical work experience is a plus.
- You have 4+ years of experience.
- Experience with the architecture of robust services and maintenance of high codebase standards in a fast-growing team.
- Knowledge of the latest architectural trends.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, developing large software systems, web technology.
- Great understanding of microservice architecture, version control, and CI/CD process.
- Experience in leading the development of production software in one or more of the following areas: distributed systems, machine learning, databases, and HPC.
- Startup experience is a plus.
What You Already Know:
- Languages: SQL, Java, Python, C/C++, Scala. Experience with R, MATLAB, TensorFlow, Caffe or other related technologies is a plus.
- Frameworks/Libraries: Django, Pyramid
- Databases: MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, Oracle, Postgres
- Platforms: Linux, GitHub
- Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, GitHub, Stack Overflow, Apache Spark
What We Offer for your Valuable Work:
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more.
Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.