Senior Software Engineer – Machine Learning
Team: Product Line
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What We Do:
Company: We provide an AI software platform that allows enterprises to design, build, experiment, customize, operate and own vertical AI solutions in a wide range of industries and areas, such as healthcare, industrial manufacturing and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, autonomous driving, and beyond. Petuum lets enterprises easily understand and apply AI to gain deep insight for better decision-making and improved productivity and efficiency. Our mission is to enable organizations to own, build and become informed users of their AI solutions, without relying on expensive talents.
Team: The Solutions Division is aimed at addressing the needs of any given business within a discernible vertical market (specific industry or market). While horizontal market software can be useful to a wide array of industries (such as word processors or spreadsheet programs), vertical market software is developed for and customized to a specific industry's needs.
What You Will Do:
- Design, implement and evaluate new models and software prototypes to solve problems in machine learning and systems engineering.
- Provide software design and programming support to machine learning projects.
- Implement and evaluate machine learning algorithms.
- Report and present software developments including clear and efficient status and results both internally and externally, verbally and in writing.
- Architect and implement software libraries.
- Experience leading a team of Machine Learning Engineers, Data Scientists, and Software Engineers.
- Review code and mentor junior engineers on best practices.
- Build the code architecture on which any future development might be based on.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ve Already Done:
- You have a Master's Degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field. A Ph.D. or equivalent practical work experience is a plus.
- You have 4+ years of experience.
- Experience with implementing statistical or machine learning algorithms, algorithm design and software engineering.
- Experience in machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, analytics or artificial intelligence. Proven ability to translate insights into business recommendations.
- Experience with filesystems, server architectures, and distributed systems is a plus.
- Startup experience is a plus.
What You Already Know:
- Languages: Python, C++
What We Offer for your Valuable Work:
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more.
Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.