Software Engineer – Machine Learning – New Frontiers
Team: New Frontiers
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What We Do:
Company: We provide an AI software platform that allows enterprises to design, build, experiment, customize, operate and own vertical AI solutions in a wide range of industries and areas, such as healthcare, industrial manufacturing and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, autonomous driving, and beyond. Petuum lets enterprises easily understand and apply AI to gain deep insight for better decision-making and improved productivity and efficiency. Our mission is to enable organizations to own, build and become informed users of their AI solutions, without relying on expensive talents.
What You Will Do:
- Design, implement and evaluate new models and software prototypes to solve problems in machine learning and systems engineering.
- Provide software design and programming support to machine learning projects.
- Implement and evaluate machine learning algorithms.
- Report and present software developments including clear and efficient status and results both internally and externally; both verbally and in writing.
- Architect and implement software libraries.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ve Already Done:
- You have a Master's Degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field. A Ph.D. or equivalent practical work experience is a plus.
- You have 0-4+ years of experience.
- Experience with implementing machine learning algorithms, algorithm design and software engineering.
- Experience with implementing numerical methods and data visualization.
- Experience developing ML models for specific applications.
- Machine learning domain knowledge such as, bias-variance tradeoff, exploration/exploitation and understanding of various model families, including neural net, decision trees, Bayesian models, LSTM, instance-based learning, association learning, and deep learning algorithms.
- Experience with filesystems, server architectures, and distributed systems is a plus.
- Startup experience is a plus.
What You Already Know:
- Languages: Python, C++ (in lieu of Python), R, Matlab, Scala
- Frameworks/Libraries: TensorFlow, Spark, Torch/PyTorch, Caffe, Theano
- Platforms: Linux, GitHub, Kafka
- Tools: Spark, NumPy, SciPy, Apache Spark
What We Offer for your Valuable Work:
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more.
Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.