Senior Software Engineer – Machine Learning - Infrastructure
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What We Do:
Company: We provide an AI software platform that allows enterprises to design, build, experiment, customize, operate and own vertical AI solutions in a wide range of industries and areas, such as healthcare, industrial manufacturing and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, autonomous driving, and beyond. Petuum lets enterprises easily understand and apply AI to gain deep insight for better decision-making and improved productivity and efficiency. Our mission is to enable organizations to own, build and become informed users of their AI solutions, without relying on expensive talents.
Team: We design and implement efficient and large-scale systems and frameworks that support practical machine learning and deep learning algorithms. We create solutions to real-world problems such as scalability, performance, multi-tenancy and fault-tolerance of ML systems. You will drive the development, productization, testing, and maintenance of distributed ML systems and applications. You will quickly learn the evolving proprietary and open source technologies.
What You Will Do:
- Design, implement, and evaluate new models and software prototypes to solve problems in machine learning and systems.
- Provide software design and programming support to machine learning projects.
- Implement and evaluate machine learning algorithms.
- Report and present software developments, including clear and efficient status and results both internally and externally; both verbally and in writing.
- Architect and implement software libraries.
- Experience leading a team of Machine Learning Engineers, Data Scientists and Software Engineers.
- Review code and mentor junior engineers on best practices.
- Build the code architecture on which any future development might be based on.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ve Already Done:
- You have a Master's Degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field. A Ph.D. or equivalent practical work experience is a plus.
- You have 4+ years of experience.
- Experience with implementing statistical or machine learning algorithms, algorithm design, and software engineering.
- Experience in recommendation systems, pattern recognition, data mining or artificial intelligence. Proven ability to translate insights into business recommendations.
- Experience with filesystems, server architectures, and distributed systems is a plus.
- Startup experience is a plus.
What You Already Know:
- Languages: Python, R, Matlab, Scala
- Frameworks/Libraries: TensorFlow, Spark, Torch/PyTorch, Caffe, Theano. Experience with Hadoop/HBase/Pig or MapReduce/Sawzall/Bigtable is a plus.
- Databases: Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon RDS/Aurora, Cassandra, Google BigQuery, Apache HBase
- Platforms: Linux, GitHub, Hawq, Kafka
- Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, GitHub, Spark, Flink, Hadoop, Kafka, NumPy, SciPy, matplotlib, sciikit-learn, Apache Spark
What We Offer for your Valuable Work:
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more.
Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.