Senior Staff Software Engineer – Distributed Machine Learning Systems
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What We Do:
Company: We provide an AI software platform that allows enterprises to design, build, experiment, customize, operate and own vertical AI solutions in a wide range of industries and areas, such as healthcare, industrial manufacturing and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, autonomous driving, and beyond. Petuum lets enterprises easily understand and apply AI to gain deep insight for better decision-making and improved productivity and efficiency. Our mission is to enable organizations to own, build and become informed users of their AI solutions, without relying on expensive talents.
What You Will Do:
- Design and implement efficient and large-scale systems and frameworks that support practical machine learning and deep learning algorithms.
- Create solutions to real-world problems such as scalability, performance, multi-tenancy, and fault-tolerance of ML systems.
- Drive the testing, documentation, verification, productization, and maintenance of distributed ML systems and applications.
- Quickly learn the evolving proprietary and open source technologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ve Already Done:
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field. An advanced degree or equivalent practical work experience is a plus.
- You have 8+ years of experience.
- Familiarity with distributed systems concepts as well as machine learning algorithms.
- Development experience in distributed machine learning or data processing frameworks.
- Knowledge of algorithm design and software engineering.
- Startup experience is a plus.
What You Already Know:
- Languages: Python, C++, Scala. Experience with Go is a plus.
- Frameworks/Libraries: TensorFlow, Torch/PyTorch. Experience with Spark, BigData e.g. Hadoop) and MVC is a plus.
- Databases: Familiar with Redis and Cassandra
- Tools: Experience with one or more of the following is a plus: CUDA, Spark, Flink, Hadoop, Storm, Kafka
What We Offer for your Valuable Work:
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more.
Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.