Software Engineer - Tools and Infrastructure
Team: Productivity and Quality
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What We Do:
Company: We provide an AI software platform that allows enterprises to design, build, experiment, customize, operate and own vertical AI solutions in a wide range of industries and areas, such as healthcare, industrial manufacturing and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, autonomous driving, and beyond. Petuum lets enterprises easily understand and apply AI to gain deep insight for better decision-making and improved productivity and efficiency. Our mission is to enable organizations to own, build and become informed users of their AI solutions, without relying on expensive talents.
What You Will Do:
- Design and develop automated build, test and release infrastructure to support continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Build test infrastructure to test complex, large scale, and distributed system.
- Build resource management tool to manage lab hardware efficiently and allocate on demand.
- Contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity.
- Work with engineering team to influence software development best practice and use tools and infrastructure to build repeatable solution and enforce the importance of code design, and testability.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ve Already Done:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field. An advanced degree or equivalent practical work experience is a plus.
- You have 4+ years of experience.
- Experience in automation and build infrastructure in large scale and distributed environment.
- Experience with any public cloud platform.
- Startup experience is a plus.
What You Already Know:
- Languages: Python. Experience with Java is a plus.
- Platforms: Linux, Openstack/GCS/AWS
- Tools: Experience with Kubernetes, GitHub, Kafka is a plus.
What We Offer for your Valuable Work:
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more.
Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.