Software Engineer - In Test
Team: Productivity and Quality
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What We Do:
Company: We provide an AI software platform that allows enterprises to design, build, experiment, customize, operate and own vertical AI solutions in a wide range of industries and areas, such as healthcare, industrial manufacturing and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, autonomous driving, and beyond. Petuum lets enterprises easily understand and apply AI to gain deep insight for better decision-making and improved productivity and efficiency. Our mission is to enable organizations to own, build and become informed users of their AI solutions, without relying on expensive talents.
What You Will Do:
- Build test automation infrastructure and test libraries to automate testing end-to-end from deployment, test execution, and reporting testing result.
- Design, test, plan, and execute test cases to validate product functionality and be the gatekeeper for each release.
- Participate in entire product development cycle from design and implementation until testing and release phase.
- Collaborate with engineering and data scientist team to deeply understand product design and participate in discussion.
- Responsible for product performance and scalability measurement and validation.
- Lead the adoption of tooling and industry best practices and outreach to help our development teams’ level up.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ve Already Done:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field. An advanced degree or equivalent practical work experience is a plus.
- You have 3+ years of experience.
- Experience with using or the administration of highly-available and distributed software.
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have API and system level functional testing experience.
- Front End testing and automation experience is a plus.
- Startup experience is a plus.
What You Already Know:
- Languages: Python. Experience with Java is a plus.
- Frameworks/Libraries: Experience with TensorFlow, Spark, Torch/PyTorch, Caffe is a plus.
- Platforms: Linux, OpenStack/GCS/AWS
- Tools: Experience with Kubernetes, GitHub, Kafka is a plus.
What We Offer for your Valuable Work:
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more.
Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.