Systems Performance Engineer
Team: Productivity and Quality
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What We Do:
Company: We provide an AI software platform that allows enterprises to design, build, experiment, customize, operate and own vertical AI solutions in a wide range of industries and areas, such as healthcare, industrial manufacturing and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, autonomous driving, and beyond. Petuum lets enterprises easily understand and apply AI to gain deep insight for better decision-making and improved productivity and efficiency. Our mission is to enable organizations to own, build and become informed users of their AI solutions, without relying on expensive talents.
What You Will Do:
- Design and develop performance measurement methodology for AI platforms and ML/DL modules.
- Develop and automate performance benchmarking and data analysis tools.
- Understand the products in depth.
- Identify bottlenecks in architecture design based on performance analysis.
- Work with the development team closely to influence product design and prototype optimized architecture.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ve Already Done:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field. An advanced degree or equivalent practical work experience is a plus.
- You have 4+ years of experience.
- Experience in performance benchmarking and analysis as well as optimization of distributed systems.
- Experience in systems performance debugging and analysis.
- Startup experience is a plus.
What You Already Know:
- Languages: Python. Experience with Java is a plus.
- Frameworks/Libraries: TensorFlow. Experience with Xamarin, Spark, Caffe is a plus.
- Tools: Experience with Kubernetes, GitHub, Kafka is a plus.
What We Offer for your Valuable Work:
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more.
Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.