Applied Scientist – Machine Learning
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What We Do:
Company: We provide an AI software platform that allows enterprises to design, build, experiment, customize, operate and own vertical AI solutions in a wide range of industries and areas, such as healthcare, industrial manufacturing and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, autonomous driving, and beyond. Petuum lets enterprises easily understand and apply AI to gain deep insight for better decision-making and improved productivity and efficiency. Our mission is to enable organizations to own, build and become informed users of their AI solutions, without relying on expensive talents.
Team: The Solutions Division is aimed at addressing the needs of any given business within a discernible vertical market (specific industry or market). While horizontal market software can be useful to a wide array of industries (such as word processors or spreadsheet programs), vertical market software is developed for and customized to a specific industry's needs.
What You Will Do:
- Invent and deploy state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms to meet industry and customer needs.
- Conduct research and collect customer feedback to identify and understand machine learning challenges of important business value.
- Build machine learning prototypes and explore new solutions; work with engineers to transform prototypes into products.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ve Already Done:
- You have a Master's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related quantitative field. A Ph.D. or equivalent practical work experience is a plus.
- You have 4+ years of experience.
- Experience with Machine Learning or data mining applications.
- Experience with fast prototyping.
- Experience with improving and accelerating technology using scientific, mathematical or statistical modeling.
- Experience in ML algorithm design and prototyping.
- Expertise in facilitating a research agenda that is well aligned with business and product development needs.
- Scientific publications in relevant fields preferred.
- Startup experience is a plus.
What You Already Know:
- Languages: Python, C++
What We Offer for your Valuable Work:
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more.
Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.