Senior Software Engineer – AI Speech Synthesis
Team: Vision and Robotics
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What We Do:
Company: We provide an AI software platform that allows enterprises to design, build, experiment, customize, operate and own vertical AI solutions in a wide range of industries and areas, such as healthcare, industrial manufacturing and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, autonomous driving, and beyond. Petuum lets enterprises easily understand and apply AI to gain deep insight for better decision-making and improved productivity and efficiency. Our mission is to enable organizations to own, build and become informed users of their AI solutions, without relying on expensive talents.
What You Will Do:
- Build industry-leading conversational technologies in Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Dialog Management, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) and Audio Signal Processing.
- Develop Petuum’s speech synthesis technology and build new speech generation approaches based on deep generative models.
- Develop and extend Petuum’s source model, in view of improving the quality, flexibility and control of the speech synthesis system.
- Develop new speech generation approaches based on deep generative models.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ve Already Done:
- You have a Master's Degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field. A Ph.D. or equivalent practical work experience is a plus.
- You have 4+ years of experience.
- Experience or research in the area of Speech Synthesis.
- Experience with signal processing such as the design of voice models.
- Familiarity with computational linguistics.
- Startup experience is a plus.
What You Already Know:
- Languages: Python and C++
- Frameworks/Libraries: TensorFlow, Theano, Keras
What We Offer for your Valuable Work:
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more.
Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.