Senior Software Engineer – AI Speech Recognition - New Frontiers
Team: New Frontiers
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What We Do:
Company: We provide an AI software platform that allows enterprises to design, build, experiment, customize, operate and own vertical AI solutions in a wide range of industries and areas, such as healthcare, industrial manufacturing and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, autonomous driving, and beyond. Petuum lets enterprises easily understand and apply AI to gain deep insight for better decision-making and improved productivity and efficiency. Our mission is to enable organizations to own, build and become informed users of their AI solutions, without relying on expensive talents.
What You Will Do:
- Build industry-leading conversational technologies in Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Dialog Management, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) and Audio Signal Processing.
- Develop algorithms and modeling techniques to augment and enhance voice intelligent systems.
- Collaborate with other engineers to influence existing computing resources and accelerate advances in Artificial Intelligence through enhanced speech and language technology services.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ve Already Done:
- You have a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics with specialization in Speech Recognition, Natural Language Processing, or Machine Learning.
- You have 5+ years of experience.
- Experience in building speech recognition or machine translation systems from scratch (experience with opensource tools including Kaldi/EESEN, ESPNet, Open Seq2Seq, wav2letter++, etc. is a plus).
- Strong machine learning/deep learning background emphasized on speech and language processing.
- Machine Learning background and familiarity with standard speech and machine learning techniques.
- Publications in top AI conferences in Speech and Language such as ICASSP, Interspeech, ASRU, SLT, etc.
- Experience in English / Chinese is a plus.
- Experience in ASR for Japanese language is a plus.
- Startup experience is a plus.
What You Already Know:
- Languages: C/C++, Python
What We Offer for your Valuable Work:
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more.
Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.