Head of Consulting Services
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
What We Do:
Company: We provide an AI software platform that allows enterprises to design, build, experiment, customize, operate and own vertical AI solutions in a wide range of industries and areas, such as healthcare, industrial manufacturing and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, autonomous driving, and beyond. Petuum lets enterprises easily understand and leverage AI to gain deep insight for better decision-making and improved productivity and efficiency. Our mission is to enable organizations to own, build and become informed users of their AI solutions, without relying on expensive talents.
Team: The Go-To-Market (GTM) team is responsible for bringing Petuum’s products to market by strategically delivering their unique value proposition and competitive advantage to customers. Responsibilities include finding customer opportunities and channels to market; working with prospective customers and with Petuum’s Product Managers to discover, define and scope engagements; building and owning customer relationships; writing and negotiating contracts, including Statements of Work; and working closely with the Product Managers and other internal stakeholders to coordinate delivery of the product to the customer through to deployment and customer acceptance. GTM team members must have customer and contract experience, and must be strategic, good negotiators, strong communicators, and team players.
What You Will Do:
- Manage and write complex proposals that require collaboration with multiple teams in order to communicate our impact and products to clients, senior leadership, and other audiences. Synthesize inputs from across the company, set deadlines, move the project forward, and communicate status updates throughout.
- Identify new customers and opportunities in collaboration with the broader business development team and leadership. Work closely with counterparts to help shape our outreach and shepherd engagements from initial meeting to contract signing.
- Develop deep expertise with Petuum products, use cases, existing customers, and potential customers.
- Serve as a link between business development and engineering teams.
- Lead the success and on-time delivery of Petuum’s portfolio of implementation projects.
- Run operational components including forecasting, utilization, and resource management.
- Effectively manage customer expectations and resolve issues to ensure successful project conclusions.
- Partner effectively with business development leaders to expand the sales pipeline and convert prospects to bookings.
- Handle pre-sales scoping including creation, review, and negotiation of customer implementation proposals.
- Collaborate with sales, product, and success teams to ensure strong handoffs and cross-functional experiences.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of Petuum product, technologies and solutions and how they apply to specific client situations.
- Develop Petuum consultative strategy, and build and manage consulting team.
- Mentor and lead consulting engineers, direct reports, and subcontractors across our global offices.
- Hire, scale, and manage performance to drive employee development and maximize team retention.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ve Already Done:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field. Advanced degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field, or equivalent practical work experience, is a plus.
- 8+ years of experience.
- Experience with consulting delivery and management.
- Consistent track record of building and managing great consulting services teams.
- Experience managing global resources across multiple office locations.
- Experience measuring progress against goals for time to value, resource utilization, and on-time delivery.
- Experience being diplomatic, collaborative, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in hiring and developing a team of high performing, passionate professionals.
- Startup experience is a plus.
What We Offer for your Valuable Work:
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more!
Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.