About the role
Petuum is bringing machine learning to the enterprise, helping them to design, build, experiment, and operate machine learning applications without hiring an army of specialized data scientists and engineers. User research and insights are critical to building a dramatically simpler user experience. As our first full-time researcher, you'll have lots of opportunity to build a great culture around design and influence our products in big, meaningful ways.
Our immediate needs are qualitative research, but our domain is technical in nature. A blend of qualitative and quantitative skills would be ideal, but you will have plenty of in-house technical partners.
- Propose direction and inform product decisions with real information on user behavior and needs
- Work hand-in-hand with designers to ensure user needs are met
- Advocate good design practices and user empathy across the organization
- Articulate research findings clearly to engage with engineering, product, and sales teams
- Conduct foundational research in conjunction with marketing team
- Lead qualitative efforts to evaluate designs
- 5+ years in UX research
- Proficiency in a variety of qualitative methodologies and related tools and technologies
- Experience with technical audiences and domains is a plus
Petuum is a software infrastructure and ecosystem provider that enables AI for enterprise. Petuum’s operating system gives users a single platform to build any Machine Learning or Deep Learning application using large amounts of data, and deploy it at scale on any hardware – such as workstations, datacenters, the internet of things, and edge computing.
The Petuum development platform and gallery of AI building blocks work with any programming language and any type of data, allowing managers and analysts to quickly build AI applications without any coding, while engineers and coders can further re-program applications as needed. With Petuum, many AI applications and hardware can be created and managed from a single laptop or terminal, driving higher productivity, better service, lower costs, and faster delivery. By standardizing AI solutions, Petuum lowers the barrier to AI adoption and allows for the integration of AI into every industry.
Petuum has raised $93 Million Series B round led by SoftBank with participation from previous investor Advantech Capital, becoming one of the highest funded early-stage Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning startups. Check us out for yourself at http://www.petuum.com/.