ABOUT THE ROLE
Petuum is seeking experienced data engineers to lead the development of data and ML services for a large-scale AI/ML operating system. You will be part of a team of world-class engineers, designers, and scientists, working together to democratize the building and deployment of AI and Machine Learning systems. You will have ownership over the projects you work on and have the flexibility to influence the design and execution of your team’s work. A hard-working entrepreneur spirit is highly valued and rewarded in the company.
- Drive the development of an AI/ML platform that enables stakeholders to extract value from data by building graphical applications using composable blocks
- Lead development of features with cross-functional teams with a high degree of autonomy.
- Architect, design, and implement backend data and ML pipelines and services with well-designed APIs using appropriate languages (e.g. Python, C++, GO, etc.) and technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, distributed batch and stream processing etc.).
- Design and implement efficient, reusable, testable libraries and services.
- Learn quickly about AI & ML concepts, tools and workflows.
- Work with product managers and designers to build new features.
- Lead development of features with cross-functional teams.
- Mentor junior engineers in the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related technical field) or equivalent practical work experience.
- 2+ years of experience with distributed large-scale Spark applications (100s of workers, TBs of data at-a-time)
- 2+ years of experience with streaming data (using any combination of Kafka, Samza, Flink, Spark Structured Streams)
- 2+ years of experience with Kubernetes
- 5+ years of experience writing code with one of Scala, Go or Python
- You thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to our rapidly evolving business environment.
- You are a team player and are eager to help shape the culture of a small team that will be the foundation of something big.
- Excellent communication skills.
Petuum is a software infrastructure and ecosystem provider that enables AI for enterprise. Petuum’s operating system gives users a single platform to build any Machine Learning or Deep Learning application using large amounts of data, and deploy it at scale on any hardware – such as workstations, datacenters, the internet of things, and edge computing.
The Petuum development platform and gallery of AI building blocks work with any programming language and any type of data, allowing managers and analysts to quickly build AI applications without any coding, while engineers and coders can further re-program applications as needed. With Petuum, many AI applications and hardware can be created and managed from a single laptop or terminal, driving higher productivity, better service, lower costs, and faster delivery. By standardizing AI solutions, Petuum lowers the barrier to AI adoption and allows for the integration of AI into every industry.
Petuum closes $93 Million Series B round led by SoftBank with participation from previous investor Advantech Capital, becoming one of the highest funded early-stage Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning startups.
Check us out for yourself at http://www.petuum.com/.