ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking machine learning interns to help build services that drive distributed AI computation on 10s to 1000s of machines. You will work with a team of world-class engineers and scientists who are experts in large-scale AI in an agile environment. You will have direct ownership over the projects you work on, and have the flexibility to influence product design and execution.
- Provide software design and programming support to machine learning projects.
- Implement and evaluate machine learning algorithms.
- Report and present software developments including status and results clearly and efficiently both internally and externally, verbally and in writing.
- Architect and implement software libraries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering, or similar
- Experience with implementing machine learning algorithms in Python or C++ and have the desire to learn new programming languages.
- Experience with implementing numerical methods and data visualization.
- Good knowledge of algorithm design and software engineering.
- Knowledge of machine learning and/or statistics.
- Experience with GPU programming.
- Experience with multi-threaded design and parallel/distributed computing.
- A passion for ML and AI.
- Contributions to open source projects.
Petuum is a software infrastructure and ecosystem provider that enables AI for enterprise. Petuum’s operating system gives users a single platform to build any Machine Learning or Deep Learning application using large amounts of data, and deploy it at scale on any hardware – such as workstations, datacenters, the internet of things, and edge computing.
The Petuum development platform and gallery of AI building blocks work with any programming language and any type of data, allowing managers and analysts to quickly build AI applications without any coding, while engineers and coders can further re-program applications as needed. With Petuum, many AI applications and hardware can be created and managed from a single laptop or terminal, driving higher productivity, better service, lower costs, and faster delivery. By standardizing AI solutions, Petuum lowers the barrier to AI adoption and allows for the integration of AI into every industry.
Petuum closes $93 Million Series B round led by SoftBank with participation from previous investor Advantech Capital, becoming one of the highest funded early-stage Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning startups.
Check us out for yourself at http://www.petuum.com/.