ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking engineering interns to help build services that drive distributed AI computation on 10s to 1000s of machines. You will work with a team of world-class engineers and scientists who are experts in large-scale AI in an agile environment. You will have direct ownership over the projects you work on, and have the flexibility to influence product design and execution.
- With guidance from domain experts you will:
- Build distributed ML infrastructure
- Build ML data processing pipelines
- Build a deep learning platform based on our in-house deep learning engine
- Write efficient, reusable, testable frontend and backend components and services
- Learn quickly about AI & ML concepts and workflow
- Strong architecture skills: You know how to architect robust services and maintain high standards on the codebase in a fast growing team. You stay up-to-date with the latest architectural trends.
- Recommended to have experience working with two or more from the following: distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, developing large software systems, web technology.
- Fast learners: We're looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to our rapidly evolving business environment.
- Passion: You feel ownership over everything you ship. You write clean code, test thoroughly, and care about the user. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- You are a team player and are eager to help shape the culture of a small team that will be the foundation of something big.
Petuum is a software infrastructure and ecosystem provider that enables AI for enterprise. Petuum’s operating system gives users a single platform to build any Machine Learning or Deep Learning application using large amounts of data, and deploy it at scale on any hardware – such as workstations, datacenters, the internet of things, and edge computing.
The Petuum development platform and gallery of AI building blocks work with any programming language and any type of data, allowing managers and analysts to quickly build AI applications without any coding, while engineers and coders can further re-program applications as needed. With Petuum, many AI applications and hardware can be created and managed from a single laptop or terminal, driving higher productivity, better service, lower costs, and faster delivery. By standardizing AI solutions, Petuum lowers the barrier to AI adoption and allows for the integration of AI into every industry.
Petuum closes $93 Million Series B round led by SoftBank with participation from previous investor Advantech Capital, becoming one of the highest funded early-stage Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning startups.
Check us out for yourself at http://www.petuum.com/.