Senior Software Engineer – Front End
Team: Front End
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What We Do:
Company: We provide an AI software platform that allows enterprises to design, build, experiment, customize, operate and own vertical AI solutions in a wide range of industries and areas, such as healthcare, industrial manufacturing and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, autonomous driving, and beyond. Petuum lets enterprises easily understand and apply AI to gain deep insight for better decision-making and improved productivity and efficiency. Our mission is to enable organizations to own, build and become informed users of their AI solutions, without relying on expensive talents.
What You Will Do:
- Design, implement, and test front end services.
- Write efficient, reusable, testable UI components, such as an interactive visualization of high-dimensional data in the form of a datacenter dashboard that reports on ML job progress with real-time visualization.
- Learn quickly about AI & ML concepts and workflow.
- Regularly collaborate with product managers and designers to build new product features.
- Lead development of features with cross-functional teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ve Already Done:
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field. An advanced degree or equivalent practical work experience is a plus.
- You have 4+ years of experience.
- Master-level understanding of componentized MVC architecture (and its variations) in modern SPA frameworks.
- Expert level knowledge of at least one of the modern Front End frameworks and libraries.
- Experience working with two or more of the following: distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, developing large software systems, web technology.
- Mentor junior engineers on the team.
- Startup experience is a plus.
What You Already Know:
- Frameworks/Libraries: Experience with one or more of the following is a plus: Node.js, Angular, React, D3, MVC
- Databases: Familiar with PostgreSQL and Redis
- Platforms: Linux
- Tools: Familiar with GraphQL and npm
What We Offer for your Valuable Work:
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more.
Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.