ABOUT THE ROLE
Petuum is seeking a high-performing Solutions Architect to work in our healthcare solutions business. The healthcare solutions group is solving complex clinical and administrative problems for our healthcare partners using Petuum’s Artificial Intelligence platform.
You will be required to define and implement advanced application solutions, deploy existing and new applications in different environments, integrate data from the client’s EMR and other heterogeneous sources, and work closely with both the Petuum engineering and solutions teams as well as the different customer stakeholders to ensure successful deployments. This role is very hands-on and requires a combination of a strategic solutions-oriented mindset, curiosity and a love of problem solving, clear and concise communication skills, experience with implementations, the ability to adapt to changing customer conditions, and an empathetic approach to solution design.
The Solutions Architect role includes working with business development and product management to collect customer deployment specifications and constraints, and provide deployment guidance to the customer. You will be responsible for identifying and addressing challenges and potential hurdles during solution design, respond quickly and adapt the solution in an agile fashion during proof of concepts, and ensure the solution is smoothly integrated into the users’ workflows.
You will be working cross-functionally within our organization with business development, product management, and engineering, as well as closely with the customer to ensure successful deployments and customer satisfaction.
You will work closely with the customer’s operations, IT, and clinical teams to demonstrate the capabilities of Petuum’s platform and architect healthcare solutions that will include integrating high volumes of EHR and other healthcare data. Data Science and higher quality ML models are core to Petuum’s solutions and you will be expected to maintain both conversational and technical competency in these areas. You should also have some healthcare domain knowledge including comfort with some basic healthcare informatics vocabulary.
- Engage directly with clients to understand their deployment environments, including IT systems, to assess feasibility, value, and risk for the proposed solution.
- Define solution architecture leveraging Petuum best practices to support customer objectives, focusing on feasibility and delivery effort.
- Oversee the development and smooth deployment of solution proof of concepts.
- Work with product management to ensure the alignment of the solution developed and delivered with the project scope committed.
- Ensure customer satisfaction during the development and deployment of solutions.
- Capitalize on past customer experiences and project deliverables to reuse developed solutions.
- Be an integral part of high-performing and stellar customer-facing teams including data scientists, integration and application engineers, product managers, and account managers, in the delivery and deployment of production-ready healthcare solutions to customers.
- Become an expert on Petuum’s AI platform and our healthcare solutions, features, and associated tools.
- Work with Product Marketing to suggest and develop demos that showcase the functionality, features, and use cases of our healthcare solutions.
- Conduct Petuum platform and application demonstrations and training for both internal and external audiences.
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain knowledge necessary to be effective in the position.
- Convert firsthand customer and market experience into impactful input for our product roadmap and strategy.
- Regular travel (30+%) to customer sites is required.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, data science, computer science or related field (Master’s degree a bonus), and the ability to clearly present abstract concepts in an easy to understand manner.
- Experience working with customers to develop and deploy new solutions and applications.
- Experience in consulting services roles.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience building enterprise or healthcare applications or in an enterprise or healthcare technical sales support role.
- You are an excellent and confident communicator and enjoy working closely with cross-functional teams. You are goal-oriented and thrive in high-growth, fast-paced environments. You are comfortable wearing multiple hats when necessary.
- You are comfortable discussing and presenting to the customer, including to large groups of stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail. You are able to keep your cool under pressure when challenges arise.
- Strong analytical ability, judgment, and problem analysis.
- Ability and flexibility to travel domestically regularly to customer/prospect sites and field events.
- Previous startup experience
- Programming experience
- A background in Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning, with a solid understanding of key AI/ML tools, techniques, and methodologies.
- Previous experience integrating healthcare data from EMRs such as Epic, Cerner, Allscripts, and Visage, and from other data sources is a big plus.
- Domain expertise in healthcare (such as with providers, payers, clearinghouses, etc..), including being comfortable interacting with physicians and administrators. Having a basic knowledge of key healthcare terminology is a plus
Petuum is a software infrastructure and ecosystem provider that enables AI for enterprise. Petuum’s operating system gives users a single platform to build any Machine Learning or Deep Learning application using large amounts of data, and deploy it at scale on any hardware – such as workstations, datacenters, the internet of things, and edge computing.
The Petuum development platform and gallery of AI building blocks work with any programming language and any type of data, allowing managers and analysts to quickly build AI applications without any coding, while engineers and coders can further re-program applications as needed. With Petuum, many AI applications and hardware can be created and managed from a single laptop or terminal, driving higher productivity, better service, lower costs, and faster delivery. By standardizing AI solutions, Petuum lowers the barrier to AI adoption and allows for the integration of AI into every industry.
Petuum closes $93 Million Series B round led by SoftBank with participation from previous investor Advantech Capital, becoming one of the highest funded early-stage Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning startups.
Check us out for yourself at http://www.petuum.com/.