ABOUT THE ROLE
Petuum is seeking a high-performing Forward Deployed Engineer to work in our PetuumMed healthcare solutions business to solve complex clinical and administrative problems for our healthcare partners using Petuum’s Symphony platform. You will be required to design and implement advanced application solutions, deploy existing PetuumMed applications in different environments, integrate data from the client’s EMR and other heterogeneous sources, and work closely with both the Petuum engineering and solutions teams as well as the different customer stakeholders to ensure successful deployments and a seamless and simple user workflow. This role is very hands-on and requires a combination of a strategic solutions-oriented mindset, curiosity and a love of problem solving, clear and concise communication skills, experience with implementations, the ability to adapt to changing customer conditions, and an empathetic approach to design.
You will work closely with the customer’s operations, IT, and clinical teams to demonstrate the capabilities of Petuum’s platform and architect PetuumMed solutions that will include high-volume, high-frequency, multi-modal and unstructured datasets. Data Science and higher quality ML models are core to Petuum’s solutions and you will be required to maintain both conversational and technical competency in these areas. You should also have some healthcare domain knowledge including comfort with some basic clinical and other domain vocabulary.
- Engage directly with customers to design and develop applications & solutions based on Petuum’s Symphony platform.
- Be an integral part of high-performing and stellar customer-facing PetuumMed teams including data scientists, integration and application engineers, product managers, and account managers, in the delivery and deployment of production-ready PetuumMed solutions to customers.
- Become an expert in the Petuum IoT platform and associated tools to enable and assist customers to build their own applications.
- Design, develop, and maintain demos to showcase the functionality, features, and use cases of PetuumMed.
- Conduct PetuumMed platform and application demonstrations and training to both internal and external audiences.
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain knowledge necessary to be effective in the position.
- Convert firsthand customer and market experience into impactful input forour product roadmap and strategy
- Regular travel (30+%) to customer sites is required.
- The ideal candidate will have a computer science or engineering degree with some background in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, and be able to clearly present abstract concepts in an easy to understand manner.
- You are an excellent and confident communicator and enjoy working closely with cross-functional teams. You thrive in high-growth, fast-paced environments and are comfortable wearing multiple hats when necessary. You are very comfortable discussing and presenting to both healthcare practitioners and administrators, and are goal-oriented.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science (or related field); advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience building enterprise applications or in an enterprise technical sales support role.
- Experience integrating with healthcare EMRs and other databases such as Epic, Visage, etc…
- Experience working with customers to develop and deploy new business solutions
- Experience with the development or implementation of enterpriseapplications; machine learning experience preferred.
- Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
- Strong analytical ability, judgment and problem analysis techniques
- Ability and flexibility to travel domestically regularly to customer/prospect sites and field events
- Previous startup experience
- Programming experience
- Previous experience with customer deployments integrating healthcare data from EMRs and from other sources.
- Domain expertise in healthcare (such as with providers, payers, clearinghouses, etc..), including being comfortable interacting with physicians and administrators and being comfortable with basic domain vocabulary is a strong plus