ABOUT THE ROLE
Petuum is seeking a highly experienced and hands-on Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Integration Engineer to work with our PetuumMed team on solutions to solve complex and distributed clinical and business problems in healthcare using the Petuum platform. You will be required to help integrate our platform with the EMR (or EHR) systems of our clients. You will work closely with the Petuum engineering and solutions team to build and deploy state-of-the-art solutions with our healthcare partners. This role is very hands-on and requires a combination of a strategic solutions-oriented mindset, excellent communication skills, the ability to adapt to changing customer conditions, and strong problem-solving skills.
You will work closely with the customer’s operations and IT teams to demonstrate the capabilities of the Petuum platform, that includes high-volume, high-frequency, distributed Machine Learning systems. You will be required to follow all relevant compliance issues within the healthcare space, especially around data requisition, transfer, and storage. Data Science and high quality ML models are core to the Petuum Medical solutions, so you will be required to maintain both conversational and technical competency in these areas.
- Engage directly with customers to design and develop ways to integrate their EMR/EHR with our Petuum Medical platform.
- Be an integral part of a high-performing and stellar customer-facing Petuum Medical team that includes account managers, data scientists, data and application engineers, product managers and industry leads in the delivery of production-ready Petuum Medical solutions.
- Become an expert in the Petuum Medical platform and associated tools to enable and assist our customers to bring their data and modules from other systems into our platform.
- Design, develop and maintain demos using the Petuum Medical platform.
- Conduct Petuum Medical Platform and application demonstrations and training for both internal and external audiences.
- Understand all the relevant compliance issues and requirements within the healthcare space, and advise on product and integration decisions to ensure proper compliance.
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain the knowledge repository necessary for the team to perform effectively and efficiently.
- Convert firsthand customer and market experience into impactful input for our product roadmap and strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science (or related field); advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience building and/or integrating EMR/EHR with other off-the-shelf platforms.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with EMRs, EHRs and healthcare software tools like Epic, MicroMD, Cerner, McKesson, GE Healthcare.
- Experience with and knowledge of healthcare compliances and certifications like HIPAA, HITECH, etc..
- Experience with the development or implementation of enterprise and/or cloud healthcare software.
- Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail.
- Strong analytical ability, judgment, and problem analysis.
- Ability and flexibility for frequent domestic travel to customer/prospect sites and field events (trade shows, seminars, etc.).
- Previous startup experience
- SQL, business intelligence, advanced analytics and ETL tools experience are a plus
- Previous experience with customer deployment of EMR/EHR systems to hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare customers.
- Domain expertise in the healthcare space is a strong plus
Petuum is a software infrastructure and ecosystem provider that enables AI for enterprise. Petuum’s operating system gives users a single platform to build any Machine Learning or Deep Learning application using large amounts of data, and deploy it at scale on any hardware – such as workstations, datacenters, the internet of things, and edge computing.
The Petuum development platform and gallery of AI building blocks work with any programming language and any type of data, allowing managers and analysts to quickly build AI applications without any coding, while engineers and coders can further re-program applications as needed. With Petuum, many AI applications and hardware can be created and managed from a single laptop or terminal, driving higher productivity, better service, lower costs, and faster delivery. By standardizing AI solutions, Petuum lowers the barrier to AI adoption and allows for the integration of AI into every industry.
Petuum closes $93 Million Series B round led by SoftBank with participation from previous investor Advantech Capital, becoming one of the highest funded early-stage Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning startups.
Check us out for yourself at http://www.petuum.com/.