ABOUT THE ROLE
Petuum is seeking a high-performing AI Solutions Engineer to work at the cutting-edge of our Industrial IoT solutions business to solve complex and distributed IoT business problems using the Petuum platform. You will be required to design and implement advanced application solutions, deploy existing Petuum IoT product suite applications, and work with Petuum engineering and solutions team to build new state-of-the-art solutions on Petuum IoT platform. This role is very hands-on and requires a combination of a strategic solutions-oriented mindset, top notch communication skills, ability to adapt to changing customer conditions and strong implementation skills.
You will work closely with customer’s operations, IT, and center-of-excellence data science teams to demonstrate the capabilities of Petuum platform, and architect Petuum IoT solutions that will include high-volume, high-frequency, distributed, unstructured and real time datasets. Data Science and higher quality ML models are core to Petuum IoT solutions and you will be required to maintain both conversational and technical competency in these areas.
- Engage directly with customers to design and develop applications & solutions based on the Petuum IoT platform.
- Lead and be an integral part of high-performing and stellar customer-facing Petuum IoT teams including data scientists, integration and application engineers, product managers and industry leads in the delivery of production-ready Petuum IoT solutions with customers.
- Become an expert in the Petuum IoT platform and associated tools to enable and assist customers to build their own applications.
- Design, develop and maintain demos using Petuum IoT platform.
- Conduct Petuum IoT Platform and application demonstrations and training to both internal and external audiences.
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, procedural training and certification to acquire and maintain knowledge necessary to be effective in the position.
- Convert firsthand customer and market experience into impactful input to our product direction and strategy
- Regular travel (40+%) to customer sites is required.
- The ideal candidate will have an engineering degree with a strong background in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence and be able to clearly present abstract concepts in an easy to understand manner. You should be able to work in a fast-paced GTM environment and be goal-oriented.
- You are an excellent and confident communicator and enjoy working closely with cross-functional teams. You thrive in high-growth, fast-paced environments and are comfortable wearing multiple hats when necessary. You are very comfortable in discussing and presenting to both at the customer executives and at the plant engineer level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science (or related field); advance degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience building enterprise applications or in an enterprise technical sales support role.
- Experience with manufacturing and IIoT software tools like OSIsoft PI System, AspenTech IP.21, Honeywell PHD, and other MES and historians.
- Experience in working with customers to develop or deploy new business solutions
- Experience with relational databases (any vendor)
- Experience with development or implementation of enterprise and/or cloud software; machine learning or IIoT preferred.
- Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
- Strong analytical ability, judgment and problem analysis techniques
- Ability and flexibility for frequent domestic travel to customer/prospect sites and field events (trade shows, seminars, etc.)
- Previous startup experience
- Programming experience.
- PaaS, SaaS, IaaS and business intelligence/analytics implementation experience are a plus
- Previous experience with customer deployment of PI System for advanced analytics at Manufacturing, Utilities and Industrial IoT customers.
- Domain expertise in certain key industries (Oil & Gas, Utilities, Process and Discrete Manufacturing, Healthcare, and Industrial IoT) is a strong plus
- SAP and Maximo experience.
Petuum is a software infrastructure and ecosystem provider that enables AI for enterprise. Petuum’s operating system gives users a single platform to build any Machine Learning or Deep Learning application using large amounts of data, and deploy it at scale on any hardware – such as workstations, datacenters, the internet of things, and edge computing.
The Petuum development platform and gallery of AI building blocks work with any programming language and any type of data, allowing managers and analysts to quickly build AI applications without any coding, while engineers and coders can further re-program applications as needed. With Petuum, many AI applications and hardware can be created and managed from a single laptop or terminal, driving higher productivity, better service, lower costs, and faster delivery. By standardizing AI solutions, Petuum lowers the barrier to AI adoption and allows for the integration of AI into every industry.
Petuum closes $93 Million Series B round led by SoftBank with participation from previous investor Advantech Capital, becoming one of the highest funded early-stage Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning startups.
Check us out for yourself at http://www.petuum.com/.