ABOUT THE ROLE
Petuum is seeking experienced full-stack engineers to lead the development of frontend and related services of a large-scale AI/ML operating system. You will be part of a team of world-class engineers, designers, and scientists, working together to democratize the building and deployment of AI and Machine Learning systems. You will have ownership over the projects you work on, and have the flexibility to influence the design and execution of your team’s work. A hard working entrepreneur spirit is highly valued and rewarded in the company.
- Architect, design, and implement frontend UI and related services using Angular (2+), Node.js and other backend languages (e.g. Go, Python, C++, and Java etc.).
- Write efficient, reusable, testable frontend and backend components and services delivered as Docker container images.
- Learn quickly about AI & ML concepts and workflows.
- Work with product managers and designers to build new features.
- Lead development of features with cross-functional teams.
- Mentor junior engineers in the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related technical field) or equivalent practical work experience.
- 8+ years of full-stack development experience.
- Good understanding of componentized MVC architecture (and its variations) in modern SPA frameworks.
- Good understanding of microservice architecture, version control, and CI/CD process.
- Good proficiency with one or more backend languages or environment (e.g. Go, Node.js, Python, Ruby, C++, and Java etc.).
- Experience leading the development of full-stack UI and services for production software.
- You feel ownership over everything you ship. You practice and preach writing clean and robust code with good documentation and proper test coverage, are thorough in design and code reviews.
- You care about end-to-end security and user experience.
- You thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to our rapidly evolving business environment.
- You are a team player and are eager to help shape the culture of a small team that will be the foundation of something big.
- Excellent communication skill.
Petuum is a software infrastructure and ecosystem provider that enables AI for enterprise. Petuum’s operating system gives users a single platform to build any Machine Learning or Deep Learning application using large amounts of data, and deploy it at scale on any hardware – such as workstations, datacenters, the internet of things, and edge computing.
The Petuum development platform and gallery of AI building blocks work with any programming language and any type of data, allowing managers and analysts to quickly build AI applications without any coding, while engineers and coders can further re-program applications as needed. With Petuum, many AI applications and hardware can be created and managed from a single laptop or terminal, driving higher productivity, better service, lower costs, and faster delivery. By standardizing AI solutions, Petuum lowers the barrier to AI adoption and allows for the integration of AI into every industry.
Petuum closes $93 Million Series B round led by SoftBank with participation from previous investor Advantech Capital, becoming one of the highest funded early-stage Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning startups.
Check us out for yourself at http://www.petuum.com/.