ABOUT THE ROLE
Petuum is seeking outstanding Distributed ML Systems engineers who are passionate about developing distributed systems and frameworks for machine learning applications. You will be part of a team of world-class engineers, designers, and scientists, working together to democratize the building and deployment of AI and Machine Learning systems. You will have ownership over the projects you work on and have the flexibility to influence the design and execution of your team’s work. A hard-working entrepreneur spirit is highly valued and rewarded in the company.
- Design and implement efficient and large-scale systems and frameworks that support practical machine learning and deep learning algorithms.
- Create solutions to real-world problems such as scalability, performance, multi-tenancy, and fault-tolerance of ML systems.
- Drive the testing, documentation, verification, productization, and maintenance of distributed ML systems and applications.
- Quickly learn the evolving proprietary and open source technologies.
- Degree with a focus on distributed systems and/or machine learning, or equivalent work experience.
- Development experience in distributed machine learning or data processing frameworks.
- Familiarity with distributed systems concepts as well as machine learning algorithms.
- Experience with writing efficient code in C/C++.
- Good knowledge of algorithm design and software engineering.
- Advanced degree (PhD or MS) with a focus on distributed systems and/or machine learning Publications in top systems and/or machine learning conferences
- Contributor to open source projects.
- Experience in distributed systems and machine learning.
- Experience in using/developing high-performance computing (HPC) toolkit, such as CUDA.
- Experience in using/developingdistributed communication software libraries, such as MPI, ZMQ.
Petuum is a software infrastructure and ecosystem provider that enables AI for enterprise. Petuum’s operating system gives users a single platform to build any Machine Learning or Deep Learning application using large amounts of data, and deploy it at scale on any hardware – such as workstations, datacenters, the internet of things, and edge computing.
The Petuum development platform and gallery of AI building blocks work with any programming language and any type of data, allowing managers and analysts to quickly build AI applications without any coding, while engineers and coders can further re-program applications as needed. With Petuum, many AI applications and hardware can be created and managed from a single laptop or terminal, driving higher productivity, better service, lower costs, and faster delivery. By standardizing AI solutions, Petuum lowers the barrier to AI adoption and allows for the integration of AI into every industry.
Petuum closes $93 Million Series B round led by SoftBank with participation from previous investor Advantech Capital, becoming one of the highest funded early-stage Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning startups.
Check us out for yourself at http://www.petuum.com/.