Senior Software Engineer – DevOps
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What We Do:
Company: We provide an AI software platform that allows enterprises to design, build, experiment, customize, operate and own vertical AI solutions in a wide range of industries and areas, such as healthcare, industrial manufacturing and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, autonomous driving, and beyond. Petuum lets enterprises easily understand and apply AI to gain deep insight for better decision-making and improved productivity and efficiency. Our mission is to enable organizations to own, build and become informed users of their AI solutions, without relying on expensive talents.
Team: Our DevOps team designs and develops Petuum's automated build, test and release infrastructure to support the continuous integration and delivery of distributed software and capabilities. This team is also responsible for the development of a resource management tool that efficiently manages lab hardware and allows for on-demand resource allocation.
What You Will Do:
- Research, design, and create tools for optimal deployment of Petuum's platform onto clients’ cluster environments.
- Use an agile, iterative method, that includes direct user-feedback, to create an industry-leading working environment.
- Deploy highly available, scalable, maintainable, and monitored systems using infrastructure-as-code frameworks.
- Build test infrastructure to test complex, large scale, and distributed systems.
- Build resource management tools to manage lab hardware and allocate on demand.
- Contribute to engineering efforts to solve complex technical challenges around engineering productivity and velocity.
- Work with engineering teams to influence software development best practices and use tools and infrastructure to build repeatable solutions.
- Enforce the importance of code design, testability.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ve Already Done:
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field. An advanced degree or equivalent practical work experience is a plus.
- You have 4+ years of experience.
- Experience working with AWS or another cloud provider.
- Experience with managing or developing highly-available and distributed software.
- Experience working with two or more of the following: distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, developing large software systems, web technology.
- Startup experience is a plus.
What You Already Know:
- Databases: Google Cloud, Amazon AWS, or similar
- Platforms: Linux
- Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, ECS
What We Offer for your Valuable Work:
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more.
Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.