Software Engineer - Tools and Infrastructure
Team: Product and Quality
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
ABOUT THE ROLE
Petuum is looking for Software Engineers in Tools and Infrastructure that can own engineering productivity, build tools and infrastructure to empower engineer team to develop and ship high quality code quickly, and enforce best practice for software development and testing. You will also manage our internal lab and allocate compute resource to engineering team efficiently and on demand, and work with testing team to simulate customer environment in house to facilitate testing effort. You will be part of a team of world-class engineers, designers, and scientists, working together to democratize the building and deployment of AI and Machine Learning systems. You will have ownership over the projects you work on, and have the flexibility to influence the design and execution of your team’s work. A hard working entrepreneur spirit is highly valued and rewarded in the company.
- Design and develop automated build, test and release infrastructure to support continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Build test infrastructure to test complex, large scale, and distributed system.
- Build resource management tool to manage lab hardware efficiently and allocate on demand.
- Contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity.
- Work with engineer team to influence software development best practice and use tools and infrastructure to build repeatable solution and enforce the importance of code design, testability.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science (or related technical field) or equivalent practical work experience.
- 3+ years of industry experience and worked on enterprise software testing, automation and infrastructure.
- Experience in automation and build infrastructure in large scale and distributed environment.
- Work experience with any public cloud platforms such Google Cloud, Amazon AWS.
- Preferred experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as ECS, Kubernetes, Mesos.
- Excellent communication skill.
Petuum is a software infrastructure and ecosystem provider that enables AI for enterprise. Petuum’s operating system gives users a single platform to build any Machine Learning or Deep Learning application using large amounts of data, and deploy it at scale on any hardware – such as workstations, datacenters, the internet of things, and edge computing.
The Petuum development platform and gallery of AI building blocks work with any programming language and any type of data, allowing managers and analysts to quickly build AI applications without any coding, while engineers and coders can further re-program applications as needed. With Petuum, many AI applications and hardware can be created and managed from a single laptop or terminal, driving higher productivity, better service, lower costs, and faster delivery. By standardizing AI solutions, Petuum lowers the barrier to AI adoption and allows for the integration of AI into every industry.
Petuum closes $93 Million Series B round led by SoftBank with participation from previous investor Advantech Capital, becoming one of the highest funded early-stage Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning startups.
Check us out for yourself at http://www.petuum.com/.