ABOUT THE ROLE
Petuum is seeking a Software Engineer in Test to build testing framework and automation tests that validate distributed AI computation in distributed and large-scale environment.You will be part of a team of world-class engineers, designers, and scientists, working together to democratize the building and deployment of AI and Machine Learning systems. You will have ownership over the projects you work on, and have the flexibility to influence the design and execution of your team’s work. A hard working entrepreneur spirit is highly valued and rewarded in the company.
- Build enterprise software product with high quality that we can be proud of.
- Build test automation infrastructure and test libraries to automate testing end to end from deployment, test execution, and reporting testing result.
- Design test plan and execute testcases to validate product functionality and be gatekeeper for each release.
- Participate in entire product development cycle from design, implementation till testing & release phase. Collaborate with engineering and data scientist team to deeply understand product design and participate in discussion.
- Responsible for product performance and scalability measurement and validation.
- Lead the adoption of tooling and industry best practices and outreach to help our development teams level up.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science (or related technical field.
- 3+ years of experience working in software testing including development and test automation experience.
- Coding experience in Python, Java, C/C++.
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux and container environments, and experience working with AWS, OpenStack or other cloud providers.
- Experience with using or administration of highly-available and distributed software.
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have API and system level functional testing experience. Frontend testing and automation experience is preferred but not required.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives.
- Excellent communication skill.
Petuum is a software infrastructure and ecosystem provider that enables AI for enterprise. Petuum’s operating system gives users a single platform to build any Machine Learning or Deep Learning application using large amounts of data, and deploy it at scale on any hardware – such as workstations, datacenters, the internet of things, and edge computing.
The Petuum development platform and gallery of AI building blocks work with any programming language and any type of data, allowing managers and analysts to quickly build AI applications without any coding, while engineers and coders can further re-program applications as needed. With Petuum, many AI applications and hardware can be created and managed from a single laptop or terminal, driving higher productivity, better service, lower costs, and faster delivery. By standardizing AI solutions, Petuum lowers the barrier to AI adoption and allows for the integration of AI into every industry.
Petuum closes $93 Million Series B round led by SoftBank with participation from previous investor Advantech Capital, becoming one of the highest funded early-stage Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning startups.
Check us out for yourself at http://www.petuum.com/.