Software Engineer - Full Stack
Team: Product Lines
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
ABOUT THE ROLE
Petuum is seeking full-stack software engineers to develop the next generation platform in artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML). Full-stack engineers will build services that control distributed AI computation on 10s to 1000s of machines. You will be part of a team of world-class engineers, designers, and scientists, working together to democratize the building and deployment of AI and Machine Learning systems. You will have ownership over the projects you work on and have the flexibility to influence the design and execution of your team’s work. A hard-working entrepreneur spirit is highly valued and rewarded in the company.
- Build fast and robust software for distributed AI/ML, including: intuitive user interfaces, high-performance distributed systems, highly-available cloud services.
- Work together with multiple teams to deliver a series of next generation AI/ML products.
- Keep up with the latest in cloud computing, distributed systems and machine learning.
- 3-4 years experience as a Full Stack or similar Software Engineer position
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science (or related technical field) or equivalent practical work experience.
- Preferred experience in at least two of the following disciplines: machine learning, cloud computing, web technology, distributed systems, development infrastructure.
- You are a fast learner who thrives on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to our rapidly evolving business environment.
- You feel ownership over everything you ship. You write clean code, test thoroughly, and care about the user. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- You are a team player and are eager to help shape the culture of a small team that will be the foundation of something big.
Petuum is a software infrastructure and ecosystem provider that enables AI for enterprise. Petuum’s operating system gives users a single platform to build any Machine Learning or Deep Learning application using large amounts of data, and deploy it at scale on any hardware – such as workstations, datacenters, the internet of things, and edge computing.
The Petuum development platform and gallery of AI building blocks work with any programming language and any type of data, allowing managers and analysts to quickly build AI applications without any coding, while engineers and coders can further re-program applications as needed. With Petuum, many AI applications and hardware can be created and managed from a single laptop or terminal, driving higher productivity, better service, lower costs, and faster delivery. By standardizing AI solutions, Petuum lowers the barrier to AI adoption and allows for the integration of AI into every industry.
Petuum closes $108 Million Series B round led by SoftBank with participation from previous investor Advantech Capital, becoming one of the highest funded early-stage Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning startups.
Check us out for yourself at http://www.petuum.com/.