Software Engineer - Front End
Team: Front End
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
ABOUT THE ROLE
Petuum is seeking experienced frontend engineers to lead the development of a cutting-edge GUI that will become the interface of a large-scale AI/ML operating system. You will be part of a team of world-class engineers, designers, and scientists, working together in a fast-paced startup environment. You will be part of a team of world-class engineers, designers, and scientists, working together to democratize the building and deployment of AI and Machine Learning systems. You will have ownership over the projects you work on and have the flexibility to influence the design and execution of your team’s work. A hard-working entrepreneur spirit is highly valued and rewarded in the company.
- Design, implement, and test front end services using Angular 2 and Node.js
- Write fast, reusable, testable UI components, such as data-center dashboard, ML job progress with real-time update
- Learn quickly about AI & ML concepts and workflow
- Work with product managers and designers to build new features
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science (or related technical field) or equivalent practical work experience.
- Clear understanding of componentized MVC architecture (and its variations) in modern SPA frameworks.
- 3+ years of front end engineering experience
- You’ve worked professionally, or have built side projects, with modern frontend technologies (e.g. Angular, D3, React, etc).
- You’re proficient with at least one backend language or environment (e.g. Go, Node, Python, Ruby, etc).
- Fast learners: We're looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to our rapidly evolving business environment.
- Passion: You feel ownership over everything you ship. You write clean code, test thoroughly, and care about the user. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- You are a team player.
Petuum is a software infrastructure and ecosystem provider that enables AI for enterprise. Petuum’s operating system gives users a single platform to build any Machine Learning or Deep Learning application using large amounts of data, and deploy it at scale on any hardware – such as workstations, datacenters, the internet of things, and edge computing.
The Petuum development platform and gallery of AI building blocks work with any programming language and any type of data, allowing managers and analysts to quickly build AI applications without any coding, while engineers and coders can further re-program applications as needed. With Petuum, many AI applications and hardware can be created and managed from a single laptop or terminal, driving higher productivity, better service, lower costs, and faster delivery. By standardizing AI solutions, Petuum lowers the barrier to AI adoption and allows for the integration of AI into every industry.
Petuum closes $93 Million Series B round led by SoftBank with participation from previous investor Advantech Capital, becoming one of the highest funded early-stage Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning startups.
Check us out for yourself at http://www.petuum.com/.