Software Engineer - Systems and Platform
Team: Product and Quality
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
ABOUT THE ROLE
Petuum is seeking system software engineers who are passionate about system/platform software and AI/Machine Learning. You will develop the next generation platform for distributed AI/ML on 10s to 1000s of machines. You will be part of a team of world-class engineers, designers, and scientists, working together to democratize the building and deployment of AI and Machine Learning systems. You will have ownership over the projects you work on, and have the flexibility to influence the design and execution of your team’s work. A hard working entrepreneur spirit is highly valued and rewarded in the company.
- Responsible for building the infrastructure for Petuum’s distributed AI/ML platform.
- Build the platform to efficiently manage the cluster of resources of CPU, GPU, network and storage in cloud, bare metal data centers and desktops for distributed AM/ML workload.
- Containerize and optimize AI/ML workloads.
- Build efficient container orchestration.
- Provide the security, software life cycle and logging for the platform.
- Keep up with the latest and greatest related technologies.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science (or related technical field) or equivalent practical work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- Passionate about system software and AI/ML
- Proficient in one or more of the following languages: Python, C/C++, and Go
- Linux system programming and multi-threaded programming experience
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in our evolving business and technology environment
- Strong sense of ownership and promoting collaboration as a team player
- Linux kernel device and network programming
- Hardware virtualization and Linux container
- Software defined network (SDN) and network function virtualization (NFV)
- Distributed file/object storage systems
- Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with machine learning workflows
- Familiarity with (GP)GPU programming
Petuum is a software infrastructure and ecosystem provider that enables AI for enterprise. Petuum’s operating system gives users a single platform to build any Machine Learning or Deep Learning application using large amounts of data, and deploy it at scale on any hardware – such as workstations, datacenters, the internet of things, and edge computing.
The Petuum development platform and gallery of AI building blocks work with any programming language and any type of data, allowing managers and analysts to quickly build AI applications without any coding, while engineers and coders can further re-program applications as needed. With Petuum, many AI applications and hardware can be created and managed from a single laptop or terminal, driving higher productivity, better service, lower costs, and faster delivery. By standardizing AI solutions, Petuum lowers the barrier to AI adoption and allows for the integration of AI into every industry.
Petuum closes $93 Million Series B round led by SoftBank with participation from previous investor Advantech Capital, becoming one of the highest funded early-stage Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning startups.
Check us out for yourself at http://www.petuum.com/.