ABOUT THE ROLE
Petuum is seeking outstanding Computer Vision engineers who are passionate about developing and applying CV and Machine Learning methods to solving real world problems. You will be part of a team of world-class engineers, designers, and scientists, working together to democratize the building and deployment of AI and Machine Learning systems. You will have ownership over the projects you work on and have the flexibility to influence the design and execution of your team’s work. A hard-working entrepreneur spirit is highly valued and rewarded in the company.
- Design and implement cutting edge CV methods to solve mission critical problems in the real world
- Prototype, build, and deploy large-scale CV pipelines
- Drive the testing, documentation, verification, productization and maintenance of the algorithms and pipelines
- Learn quickly the evolving in-house and open source technologies and CV methods
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD) with a focus on deep learning, Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence, or equivalent practical work experience.
- Experience with developing practical solutions to a real-world problem with CV methods
- Expertise in deep learning or conventional CV techniques; Familiarity with one or more deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Caffe, or PyTorch
- Good grasp of ML fundamentals
- Experience with implementing CV/ML algorithms in Python or C++ and have the desire to learn new deep learning framework and programming languages
- Good knowledge of algorithm design and software engineering.
- A passion for ML and AI
- Publications in top CV conferences
- Contributor to open source projects
- Experience in distributed deep learning
Petuum is a software infrastructure and ecosystem provider that enables AI for enterprise. Petuum’s operating system gives users a single platform to build any Machine Learning or Deep Learning application using large amounts of data, and deploy it at scale on any hardware – such as workstations, datacenters, the internet of things, and edge computing.
The Petuum development platform and gallery of AI building blocks work with any programming language and any type of data, allowing managers and analysts to quickly build AI applications without any coding, while engineers and coders can further re-program applications as needed. With Petuum, many AI applications and hardware can be created and managed from a single laptop or terminal, driving higher productivity, better service, lower costs, and faster delivery. By standardizing AI solutions, Petuum lowers the barrier to AI adoption and allows for the integration of AI into every industry.
Petuum closes $93 Million Series B round led by SoftBank with participation from previous investor Advantech Capital, becoming one of the highest funded early-stage Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning startups.
Check us out for yourself at http://www.petuum.com/.