Technical Project Manager
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What We Do:
Company: We provide an AI software platform that allows enterprises to design, build, experiment, customize, operate and own vertical AI solutions in a wide range of industries and areas, such as healthcare, industrial manufacturing and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, autonomous driving, and beyond. Petuum lets enterprises easily understand and apply AI to gain deep insight for better decision-making and improved productivity and efficiency. Our mission is to enable organizations to own, build and become informed users of their AI solutions, without relying on expensive talents.
Team: The Solutions Division is aimed at addressing the needs of any given business within a discernible vertical market (specific industry or market). While horizontal market software can be useful to a wide array of industries (such as word processors or spreadsheet programs), vertical market software is developed for and customized to a specific industry's needs. We at Petuum currently provide custom AI solutions across multiple vertical markets including medical, industrial, and financial.
What You Will Do:
- Manage projects from inception to delivery, including post-project assessment to recommend areas of improvement. Accountable for meeting project objectives within established timeframes. May be assigned one or more projects depending upon project size. Scope of project(s) to be managed will vary.
- Performs resource allocation and facilitates work prioritization. Drafts and submits project budget proposals and recommends subsequent budget changes where necessary. Plans and schedules project timeliness and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Partners with various members of the organization to qualify/hire talent into project teams as well as acquire material resources; also assigns tasks, directs activities, and controls project execution.
- Performs project tracking, assists in the definition of project requirements and forecasts future trends in the project.
- Manages changes in project scope, identifies potential project anomalies, and devises resolution and/or contingency plans.
- Maintains communications for governing bodies and interested parties. Communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ve Already Done:
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field. An advanced degree or equivalent practical work experience is a plus.
- You have 8+ years of experience.
- Experience in managing the delivery of technical services and delivering technical solutions directly with clients.
- Led implementation of complex products or business systems.
- Ability to translate business, technical or product requirements into project plans.
- Startup experience is a plus.
What You Already Know:
- Languages: Java, Python, C++
- Frameworks/Libraries: Django, MVC, Flask, jQuery. Experience with Angular v2+ is a plus.
- Databases: MySQL, MongoDB. SQL Server is a plus.
- Platforms: Linux, Windows Desktop or Server, Azure, Google Cloud Platform/App Engine. AWS and Mac OS is a plus.
- Tools: Bootstrap, Docker, Kubernetes, GitHub
What We Offer for your Valuable Work:
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more.
Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.