ABOUT THE ROLE
Petuum is seeking a Technical Project Manager to ensure Petuum is meeting stakeholder expectations and project milestones for the development of our AI operating system and vertical products. This position will provide the day-to-day direction and ensure resource availability and stakeholder satisfaction. This role will properly define and articulate the project scope in order to support a timely kick off and on-budget completion of assigned projects. You will be part of a team of world-class engineers, designers, and scientists, working together to democratize the building and deployment of AI and Machine Learning systems. You will have ownership over the projects you work on, and have the flexibility to influence the design and execution of your team’s work. A hard working entrepreneur spirit is highly valued and rewarded in the company.
- Manages projects from inception to delivery as well as performs post-project assessment to recommend areas of improvement. Accountable for meeting project objectives within established timeframes. May be assigned one or more projects depending upon project size. Scope of project(s) to be managed will vary.
- Performs resource allocation and facilitates work prioritization. Drafts and submits project budget proposals, and recommends subsequent budget changes where necessary. Plans and schedules project timeliness and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Partners with various members of the organization to qualify/hire talent into project teams as well as acquire material resources; also assigns tasks, directs activities, and controls project execution. Motivates and supervises project team members as needed. Strong sense of product ownership and understands the importance of on-time delivery for enterprise products.
- Performs project tracking, assists in the definition of project requirements and forecasts future trends in the project. Follows up with all stakeholders and team members as needed to keep the project moving forward at all times.
- Manages changes in project scope, identifies potential project anomalies, and devises resolution and/or contingency plans.
- Maintains communications for governing bodies and interested parties. Communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science (or related technical field) or equivalent practical work experience.
- 3+ years of experience managing the delivery of technical services
- 3+ years of experience delivering technical solutions directly with clients
- 3+ years directly managing technical resources
- 3+ years of experience managing complex product implementations or business system implementations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to translate business, technical or product requirements into specifications
Petuum is a software infrastructure and ecosystem provider that enables AI for enterprise. Petuum’s operating system gives users a single platform to build any Machine Learning or Deep Learning application using large amounts of data, and deploy it at scale on any hardware – such as workstations, datacenters, the internet of things, and edge computing.
The Petuum development platform and gallery of AI building blocks work with any programming language and any type of data, allowing managers and analysts to quickly build AI applications without any coding, while engineers and coders can further re-program applications as needed. With Petuum, many AI applications and hardware can be created and managed from a single laptop or terminal, driving higher productivity, better service, lower costs, and faster delivery. By standardizing AI solutions, Petuum lowers the barrier to AI adoption and allows for the integration of AI into every industry.
Petuum closes $93 Million Series B round led by SoftBank with participation from previous investor Advantech Capital, becoming one of the highest funded early-stage Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning startups.
Check us out for yourself at http://www.petuum.com/.