ABOUT THE ROLE
Petuum is seeking a Test Engineer – Distributed Systems to build testing frameworks and tests that validate distributed AI computation on 10s to 1000s of machines. You will work with a team of world-class engineers and scientists who are experts in large-scale AI in an agile environment. You will be part of a team of world-class engineers, designers, and scientists, working together to democratize the building and deployment of AI and Machine Learning systems. You will have ownership over the projects you work on and have the flexibility to influence the design and execution of your team’s work. A hard-working entrepreneur spirit is highly valued and rewarded in the company.
- Build out environment required for development and reliable execution of tests in a highly scalable environment.
- Design and implement test automation scenarios to validate product functionality.
- Reproduce field found defects and develop appropriate tests to prevent future issues.
- Interact with field and development staff to identify areas where testing can be enhanced.
- Design, develop and deploy testing tools and automation libraries necessary to perform testing.
- Lead the adoption of tooling and industry best practices by means of advocacy and outreach to help our development teams level up.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science (or related technical field) or equivalent practical work experience.
- 5+ years experience working in software testing.
- Experience working with AWS or another cloud provider.
- Experience with using or administration of highly-available and distributed software.
- Proficiency in a backend language such as C++, Java, and a scripting language such as Python.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives.
- Ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Exposure to infrastructure-as-code frameworks like Terraform and Cloudformation and modern web frameworks like AngularJS or React is a plus.
Petuum is a software infrastructure and ecosystem provider that enables AI for enterprise. Petuum’s operating system gives users a single platform to build any Machine Learning or Deep Learning application using large amounts of data, and deploy it at scale on any hardware – such as workstations, datacenters, the internet of things, and edge computing.
The Petuum development platform and gallery of AI building blocks work with any programming language and any type of data, allowing managers and analysts to quickly build AI applications without any coding, while engineers and coders can further re-program applications as needed. With Petuum, many AI applications and hardware can be created and managed from a single laptop or terminal, driving higher productivity, better service, lower costs, and faster delivery. By standardizing AI solutions, Petuum lowers the barrier to AI adoption and allows for the integration of AI into every industry.
Petuum closes $93 Million Series B round led by SoftBank with participation from previous investor Advantech Capital, becoming one of the highest funded early-stage Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning startups.
Check us out for yourself at http://www.petuum.com/.