About the team
Our design team helps break down the complexity of machine learning and artificial intelligence processes into understandable concepts that our users can employ to make powerful yet elegant workflows. We don’t just take product specs and churn out mocks. Rather, we collaborate closely with product managers, senior leaders, and engineers to help design not only the look and feel of the product, but also the underlying functionality and architecture. You can usually tell which conference room the team is huddled in by the sound of our spirited whiteboard debates.
What you’ll do
As a senior product designer, you will be responsible for helping shape the direction of our product and producing designs that bring those visions to life. In particular, you will:
- Work directly with product managers, marketing, and cross-functional partners to create timelines, prioritize deliverables, and drive progress for strategic design projects
- Design interfaces and interactions that simplify the complex concepts of machine learning
- Use docs, sketches, mocks, and/or code to explain principles and patterns
- Work with UX research to identify user needs and ways to address them
- Advocate user-centered thinking across the company
- Support and coach other members of the team on executing projects and building design systems, including over video conferences and across time zones
- Present work to senior leadership and other teams to communicate the value that UX can bring to the product and identify opportunities for collaboration
- Build a deep understanding of machine learning and data analysis principles that shines through in simple product requirement documents and elegant designs
- Bachelor’s degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of experience in product design, interaction design, or relevant fields
- Familiarity with industry standards for design and interaction patterns
- Ability to work with ambiguous goals and ambitious deadlines
We provide an AI software platform that allows enterprises to design, build, experiment, customize, operate and own vertical AI solutions in a wide range of industries and areas, such as healthcare, industrial manufacturing and utilities, financial services, telecommunications, autonomous driving, and beyond. Petuum lets enterprises easily understand and apply AI to gain deep insight for better decision-making and improved productivity and efficiency. Our mission is to enable organizations to own, build and become informed users of their AI solutions, without relying on expensive talents.
Petuum offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and more. Petuum is a welcoming workplace that considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Petuum is an at-will employer.