About the role
As an Engineering Manager, you will build and sustain a team that consistently achieves results and drive the growth of PetDesk’s Client Engagement and Communications business. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, this highly collaborative individual (within R&D) will be responsible for deeply understanding product direction and bottlenecks in our current systems. Following a path to management and beyond, you will have a significant scope, from personnel development to impacting decisions and developing alongside your team as needed.
Apply if you’re excited to:
- Manage our “Pet Services” team that is responsible for multi-channel customer/client engagement (email, SMS, Push Notifications), messaging campaigns, and funnel/analytics data
- Ensure product delivery and productivity by improving processes, goal setting, and creating accountability
- Develop project proposals, technical designs, roadmaps and timelines for development initiatives
- Collaborate with product management, project management, and executive leadership to align teams to company goals
- Hire and onboard new team members; build and document team training processes
- Grow talent within teams through mentoring, coaching, and administration of career development plans
- Promote best practices and ensure standards for quality and excellence are met
- 1+ years of technical leadership in a lead or manager role
- Dedicated to pursuing a career in Management Leadership
- Impressive background as an individual contributor in relevant experience (below)
- Self-motivated individual with excellent organization and communication skills
- Led complex technical projects from inception to execution
- Experienced working with cross-functional peers and leaders; established strong working relationships with product owners, project managers, and other organizational leaders
Preferred - Expertise with PetDesk Technology Stack
- .NET ecosystem (C#, ASP.NET, WebAPI, etc.)
- React, React Redux, TypeScript
- Databases (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB)
- Preferred, but not required: AWS Cloud Services (EC2, ECS, RDS, Lambda, Kinesis, etc.), Terraform
Benefits & Perks
PetDesk is a remote organization, focused on a culture, infrastructure, and ecosystem that supports team members’ participation in critical decisions and information sharing, regardless of location. Benefits and perks include:
- Medical coverage for employees and dependents (80-90% covered by employer)
- Employer HSA contribution with HDHP
- 401(k) match up to 3.5%
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dental & Vision coverage available
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Time Off & 13 Paid Annual Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pawternity Leave, Financial Pet Adoption Support & Subsidized Pet Insurance
- $250 Annual Stipend for Learning and Development
PetDesk, an industry leader in Veterinary client communication software, has helped over 3,700 veterinary practices streamline business with simple software solutions that help pet parents stay current, and pet care providers stay connected. CLICK HERE to learn more about the company and why over 5 million users trust our app!
Our recruiting process is rooted in “Who: The A Method of Hiring” and consists of an average 2-week hiring timeline.
As a culture, we value curiosity, vulnerability, joy, and fulfillment - which drive us in our mission to engage pet parents in their pet’s health through a deeper relationship with their pet care providers - ultimately delivering on our vision to extend and improve the lives of pets, pet care providers, and the people working here at PetDesk. We are an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment among our gender-balanced workforce. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Please, no external recruiters—candidate profiles submitted from external recruiting agencies will not be considered.
Notice at Collection to Applicants Residing in California
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate how we manage job applicants' data. Our full notice outlining how your data will be processed as part of the application procedure for application locations is available at this link. By submitting your application, you agree to our use and processing of your data as required.