As part of the overall Operations Informatics group, you will manage a team of LIMS technical staff, working closely with researchers and lab staff, to maintain and support lab information systems, at all Personalis sites. The team will be supporting labs operating 7 days/week, with multiple shifts per day, in different time zones. This will include the initial testing of the lab portion of new products, prior to production deployment, as well as extensive participation in the technology transfer process. The role is expected to consist of two-thirds management and planning responsibilities, and one-third individual contributor tasks. The position reports to the Senior Director of Operations Informatics.
- Manage a team with primary responsibility for maintaining and supporting all lab information systems, at all of Personalis’ locations (Menlo Park, Fremont, and Shanghai).
- Work closely with the Process Development and Technology Transfer teams to deploy new products and process improvements.
- Work closely with a variety of internal stakeholders to identify areas for process improvement involving lab information systems.
- Work with the appropriate SQA, QA, and Compliance teams to:
- Perform initial testing of new products, prior to deployment; and
- Perform IQ, OQ, and PQ on the Operations Informatics systems, and prepare the associated documentation.
- Coordinate work with the other Operations Informatics teams, as well as other development groups.
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Biology, Physics, or a related field, plus 5-6 years of work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2-3 years of experience as a technical or group lead.
- Experience supporting high throughput lab information systems in a production environment.
- Experience with developing and supporting software in a regulated environment, e.g. CLIA, CAP, etc.
- Experience working with lab scientists on software development and/or analysis projects.
- Basic familiarity with NGS data sets and analysis tools, with a preference for the Illumina platform.
- Experience working in a Linux/UNIX environment.
- Detail-oriented work style.
- Collaborative approach to identifying problems and implementing solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with the LabVantage software system.
- Experience with business process analysis.
- Familiarity with industry software development procedures, in particular Agile development strategies.
- Fluent with at least one programming language, with a strong preference for Python or Java.
- Database design and development experience, preferably with PostgreSQL or MySQL.
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.