*This position can be remote or onsite.
Personalis, Inc. is a leader in advanced cancer genomics for enabling the next generation of precision cancer therapies and diagnostics. The Personalis NeXT Platform® is designed to adapt to the complex and evolving understanding of cancer, providing its biopharmaceutical customers and clinicians with information on all of the approximately 20,000 human genes, together with the immune system, from a single tissue sample. In population sequencing, Personalis operates one of the largest sequencing operations globally and is currently the sole sequencing provider to Veterans Affairs' Million Veteran Program. To enable cancer and population sequencing, Personalis' Clinical Laboratory was built with a focus on clinical accuracy, quality, big data, scale and efficiency. The laboratory is GxP-aligned as well as Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988-certified and College of American Pathologists-accredited.
Located in Menlo Park, CA, Personalis’ genome analysis and interpretation services will help clinical researchers and physicians use genome sequence data to help elucidate underlying disease mechanisms, improve the diagnosis of genetic disorders, guide treatment and drug choice, and anticipate and prevent diseases. We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Data Delivery Specialist to join our Team.
As part of the overall Operations Informatics group, you will be a key member of a team of engineers and analysts, focused on the customer-facing aspects of delivering of data-based products. As a single point of contact for delivery issues, you will play a critical role in ensuring that customers receive high-quality data in a timely manner. The position reports to the Manager for Data Management.
- Work closely with a variety of internal stakeholders to define and coordinate the delivery of data-based products to Personalis customers. This includes:
- Defining, documenting and describing the data delivery process for customers.
- Maintaining up-to-date delivery tracking documents.
- Preparing proof of delivery documentation, in support of finance reporting requirements.
- Work with other members of the Project Management, IT, and Data Management teams to:
- Assist with the configuration of cloud services for customers.
- Validate new customer setups, including test transfers.
- Package data according to the customer's DTS, mainly focused on metadata.
- Assist with hard drive deliveries, including coordinating internally to get drives written and ready for shipment.
- Troubleshoot delivery errors.
- Perform redeliveries when needed, including assisting with de-archival requests.
- Serve as a single point of contact for resolving issues with customer data deliveries.
- Prepare periodic delivery status and summary reports.
- Proactively identify areas for process improvements, and generate solutions for them.
- M.S. in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Biology, Physics, or a related field, plus 3 years of work experience (junior) or 6 years of work experience (senior); or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic familiarity with NGS data sets and analysis tools, with a preference for the Illumina platform.
- Experience working in a customer-facing role.
- Experience with high throughput lab information systems in a production environment.
- Knowledge of cloud computing environments, e.g. AWS, GCP.
- Experience working in a Linux/UNIX environment.
- Fluent with at least one programming language, with a strong preference for Python.
- Detail-oriented work style.
- Collaborative approach to identifying problems and implementing solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in a regulated environment, e.g. CLIA, CAP, etc.
- Database design and development experience, preferably with PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Experience with HPC environments.
- Familiarity with industry software development procedures, in particular Agile development strategies.
- Knowledge of basic statistics.
- Experience in data visualization.
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.