Personalis is a rapidly growing cancer genomics company transforming the development of next-generation therapies by providing more comprehensive molecular data about each patient’s cancer and immune response. Our ImmunoID NeXT Platform® is enabling the development of next generation immuno-oncology therapeutics and diagnostics.
In addition to the technology and innovative assays, we have built a robust sequencing infrastructure, high performance computing, and automation to support large-scale Population Sequencing projects. We have built an enterprise-grade genomics management system, Symphony, which enables sample compliance, chain of custody and traceability for the duration of a given study. Our laboratory is CLIA-licensed by the state board of California, Florida, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York and is CAP accredited.
This position is field based supporting the Northern California/Pacific Northwest territory and will promote the company’s oncology portfolio of services targeting early biomarker discovery, translational research, clinical trials, and cancer vaccine development. The successful candidate will be responsible for growing and developing existing B2B partnership and Biopharmas. In addition, they will be able to develop strong relationships ranging from C level executives to scientific directors within an account. A key objective is to ensure the territory financial objectives are met. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team and will work cross functionally with project management, R&D, Business Development and marketing colleagues within Personalis. You will be responsible for managing/growing business with existing customers and bringing new clients.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the client base within your territory with an understanding of the potential to promote and commercialize our suite of NGS services in particular, the NeXT product family
- Expand business within existing biopharma accounts in the territory and develop new biopharma accounts to multi-million $ sustainable business opportunities
- Act as a primary contact for client services, i.e. inquiries, proposal generation, and contracting and account management
- Track record and Business Development experience in the Northern California/Pacific Northwest areas focused on B2B/Biopharma accounts
- Execution of plan to meet assigned Business Development targets
- Utilization and maintenance of CRM database (Salesforce)
- Deliver technical/scientific seminars and presentations on Personalis’ products and applications in conjunction with the Application Specialist
- Demonstrate role and relevance of Personalis’ product portfolio and provide consultation to customers on these products and applications
- Demonstrate command of scientific knowledge to engage in a high-level consultative Business Development discussion with PI’s and high-level decision makers
- Partner cross-functionally across the company to appropriately support the needs of the customer base
- Engage in accurate forecasting and pipeline management activities
- Effectively prospect and generate new customer leads
- Develop and maintain strong customer connections and continuously work to expand customer base through referrals and networking
- Participate in trade shows and conferences to generate leads and provide competitive intelligence on the market
- Ability to work remotely, out of a home office, 30% travel required
- Valid Driver’s License
- Life Science Degree required. Advanced degree in Biology, Molecular Biology or related fields is preferred
- 10+ years of commercial BD/Sales experience in the life sciences market with focus on genomics and/or oncology services in the Pharma/Biopharma space
- Extensive market and strategic business case development and analysis capabilities
- Prior experience in NGS based genomics with emphasis on Oncology/Immuno-oncology
- BD/Sales experience with Pharma/Biopharma/B2B customers conducting clinical trials is essential
- Highly adaptable and independent
- Ability to grasp, learn and sell complex technical services
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, strong business acumen, ability to communicate with a diverse group of professionals throughout the drug discovery process
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.