Personalis is a rapidly growing cancer genomics company transforming the development of next-generation therapies by providing more comprehensive molecular data about each patient’s cancer and immune response. Our ImmunoID NeXT Platform® is enabling the development of next generation immuno-oncology therapeutics and diagnostics.
The Manager, Process Automation Engineering within the Process Development and Automation Engineering Group will lead the process automation efforts and scale up of new or existing NGS-based testing products in a CAP/CLIA and GCLP regulated production facility.
- Principal responsibilities of this position include leading the Process Automation efforts, and providing project leadership and direction.
- Provide Technical leadership on the development and integration of automation solutions with LIMS.
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to other engineers within the group.
- Define and lead automation systems requirements, development, testing and qualification efforts.
- Guide and support the documentation efforts for equipment validation and operating procedures.
- Additional responsibilities include user training, troubleshooting, optimizing, and on-going support for the end-users.
- Build rapport with end-users, lab supervisors and process owners.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts, analyze data and help drive key process related decisions.
- Drive accountability for results and manage individual and team performance
- Support the Process Development team in problem solving, learning from mistakes, adopting a growth mindset.
- Relate to others in a way that fosters collaboration, values diversity and enables effective work relationships.
- Make clear decisions, remove obstacles and provide resources to the Process Development team
Education and Experience
- A BS or MS degree in Engineering, Process/Industrial Engineering or Bio-Medical Engineering field, with a minimum of 8 to 10 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 3 years of people management experience and a proven track record of success.
- Leading process automation efforts, creating tasks to meet the overall requirements and objectives of the project.
- Technical proficiency and experience in automation systems development and integration for the life science industry; especially with robotics and liquid handling systems is required.
- Strong project management skills, organizational skills, and written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Preparing User Requirement and Testing Procedure, Standard Operating Procedures, and related documentations; and overseeing the functional and validation testing, IQ/OQ/PQ.
- Flexibility and self-initiative required to support several simultaneous projects.
- Biotech, pharmaceutical, Lab automation providers, or clinical-laboratory experience is highly desirable.
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.