Personalis is a rapidly growing cancer genomics company transforming the development of next-generation therapies by providing more comprehensive molecular data about each patient’s cancer and immune response. Our ImmunoID NeXT Platform® is enabling the development of next generation immuno-oncology therapeutics and diagnostics.
The Business Development Associate (BDA) will be primarily responsible for developing and nurturing a pipeline of immuno-oncology and targeted therapy prospects in small to mid-size biotech/pharma across Europe. The BDA manages inquiries by phone and/or web, identifies target accounts’ decision makers, sets up appointments for corporate field Business Development executives and reports results on each. Will be required to proactively initiate and manage cold call activities into a target list of accounts, warm calls from trade show and other incoming lead sources. The BDA must be able to identify and qualify opportunities, build trust and credibility, deliver a clear and compelling message, uncover initiatives, and gain commitment from prospect to engage with Personalis. Potential to grow into other roles in the commercial organization.
- Conduct outbound telephone and email prospecting based on lists of target customers provided by utilizing Sales Navigator and web-based search tools.
- Mine available resources to identify and extract contact information for leads and accounts (i.e. clinicaltrials.gov)
- Organization and prioritization of sales lead information into Salesforce.com (SFDC
- Target new leads and opportunities and follow up on leads provided by marketing programs and tradeshows.
- Establish need, identify key contacts and decision-makers, qualify prospective therapies, and estimate budgetary resources available
- Work closely with field sales to ensure smooth and timely flow of qualified leads
- Maintain and increase technical product and application knowledge enabling you to provide prospective customers with compelling, accurate, and concise information about our products and prices.
- Proactively stay in contact with existing customers and prospects.
- Responsible for supporting European regions.
- Deep knowledge in molecular biology, next generation sequencing and similar technologies.
- Good understanding of the drug development process including clinical trials.
- Good understanding of the field of Oncology, in particular Immuno-oncology.
- Must have a strong phone presence and interpersonal skills dealing with both internal and external customers, as well as prospects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (required) and French (preferred)
- Strong computer literacy with current technology and software (standard office/document programs, internet capabilities, Salesforce.com experience is preferred, etc.)
- Must be customer service focused
- Demonstrated ability to handle objections and close sales
- Positive attitude with ability to readily adapt to change and solve problems
- Highly organized and attentive to details
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Willingness to learn and work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Open to limited travel and participate in tradeshows/conferences and ability to work flexible hours to coordinate geographical responsibility.
- Prior experience in inside sales desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.