Personalis is a rapidly growing cancer genomics company transforming the development of next-generation therapies by providing more comprehensive molecular data about each patient’s cancer and immune response. Our ImmunoID NeXT Platform® is enabling the development of next generation immuno-oncology therapeutics and diagnostics. Located in Menlo Park, CA we are seeking a talented and highly motivated Regional Directors of Medical Affairs to join our team, working remotely.
The successful candidate will be responsible for regional strategic KOL development and study execution to support the overarching clinical diagnostic strategy for the medical affairs team, reporting to the Senior Director, Scientific and Medical Affairs. As part of this role the candidate will work closely and collaboratively with the commercial sales/marketing teams as well as the Clinical development and business development teams.
- Develop, execute, and maintain a strong regional key opinion leader program that supports the overall clinical strategy. Preference will be given to candidates that have established a network of KOLs at NCI centers in the top cancers, including breast, NSCLC, GI, GU
- Support of CDLs in the field to drive awareness and adoption of Dx products
- Support commercial efforts regionally with high level clinical presentations at advisory boards, tumor boards, State oncology societies, community-based oncology practices, nursing societies/programs etc.
- Attend relevant local, US or international scientific meetings to support the clinical strategy of the company and other members of the Personalis team, including the commercial team and the pharma business development team
- Regionally initiate, drive, and support clinical studies/trials tied to clinical Dx strategy
- Contribute to the generation of abstracts, publications and detailed reporting and intelligence at key national and local science meetings for competitive intelligence tracking
- Contribute to VOC for new product development
- Facilitate and implement the clinical strategies of the company by identifying regional KOLs to support retrospective studies or prospective clinical trials to build on the clinical utility of Personalis products for payer initiatives as well as NCCN guidelines
- Maintain clinical, scientific, and technical expertise in specific therapeutic areas by reviewing the current literature and attending key scientific and technical meetings\
- Participate in the training and education of internal stakeholders (Commercial diagnostics team, Pharma business development) and external stakeholders (Physician speaker programs, advisory boards)
- Participation in molecular tumor boards as necessary to support the interpretation of NeXT Dx clinical reporting
- Initial position will be an individual contributor, however, as the diagnostic initiatives grow within company, preference will be for candidates with prior leadership experience with managing a team of MSLs
- MD, MD/PhD, or PhD with both deep clinical and translational NGS biomarker experience in oncology within the pharmaceutical/biotechnology/diagnostic biomarker industry. Preference will be given to Board certified medical oncologists as well as MD, MD/PhDs with extensive molecular NGS biomarker experience
- 5-7 years’ experience as a Medical Science Liaison or regional director of medical affairs with experience in solid tumor oncology. Preference given to those with both heme and solid tumor oncology experience
- Prefer candidates with deep translational biomarker experience as well as clinical trial/clinical research experience in oncology, with emphasis in molecular genetics/NGS and immuno-oncology
- Experience working with regional cooperative groups as well as advocacy groups to drive clinical strategy
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills to include medical writing/communication/slide deck generation, manuscript preparation and writing clinical protocols
- Demonstrated experience in presenting technical and clinical content to various HCPs including surgeons, oncologists, pathologists in NCI comprehensive cancer centers, cooperative groups, scientific meetings, and community practices
- Demonstrated experience in presenting technical and clinical content to various stakeholders in Pharmaceutical/biotech/diagnostics
- Track record of first and/or senior author peer reviewed manuscripts in oncology
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft word, PowerPoint and Excel and experience working with CRMs such as salesforce
- Ability to travel extensively within region ~30-50%, with occasional non-region travel for key scientific meetings
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight timelines
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.