Personalis is a rapidly growing cancer genomics company transforming the development of next-generation therapies by providing more comprehensive molecular data about each patient’s cancer and immune response. Our ImmunoID NeXT Platform® is enabling the development of next generation immuno-oncology therapeutics and diagnostics.
You will create, hire, lead and manage the workplace services function consisting of Facilities, Security and EH&S. In the near term you will oversee the design, construction and commissioning of the Company’s future 100,000+ sq. ft. Headquarters and CLIA certified lab. This role requires an experienced, individual who thrives on moving between strategic and hands-on in establishing SOPs, focusing on execution and implementation of process and procedures to meet the operational needs of this fast-growing bio-tech organization
Facilities and Security:
- Oversee the development of the Company’s future HQ including the management of outside projects, engineering, construction, and engineering teams and contractors to ensure on time and on budget delivery of the site.
- Lead space planning and facility needs in partnership with executive management to meet the growing business needs and objectives
- Coordinate large-scale facility projects such as moves and space planning/utilization.
- Oversee tenant improvements and renovation projects, such as GMP facility construction, qualification, and commission processes, maintenance of facilities systems and equipment, equipment installation, and testing.
- Manage contracts, permits, and licenses related to facilities and EH&S, including building permits, contract negotiations, and vendor COI.
- Serve as direct point of contact with Property Management, to ensuring correct building maintenance and compliance with lease agreements.
- Responsible for procuring, installing, and maintaining new equipment in partnership with QC, Research labs, Manufacturing Operations, as well as office equipment and workstations in partnership with office management.
- Manage the security requirements for all facilities, including the security team.
- Participate and make recommendations regarding insurance and risk policies in areas of responsibility.
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of EHS strategies, programs, policies, processes, systems and training based on industry best practices.
- Monitor, interpret, and assess existing or emerging EHS laws, regulations, regulatory policies, industry practices, and determine operational and business impacts domestically and internationally as required.
- Develop, manage and administer accurate budget forecasts to ensure engineering and EHS budgets and expenditures are within goal defined targets.
- Help plan and participate in EHS compliance assessments and audits working cross functional, assessing compliance with EHS standards as well as local/regional regulatory requirements.
- Manage and ensure OSHA requirements and reporting, externally as well as internally.
- Serve as part of the workers’ compensation and workplace safety teams, ensuring corrective actions are taken as needed.
- Serve as functional mentor and support for facilities and EHS staff members on matters related to worker protection and physical safety.
- Establish operational safety protocol and perform regular internal safety inspections.
- Maintain site and equipment safety and compliance in partnership with internal QC, lab management and safety committee.
- BS or MS in Engineering or related field with 10+ years’ experience in GMP facilities build out, research lab expansion, and operational management of office space, GMP facilities maintenance, utility systems (water, air, HVAC, etc.), and equipment management.
- Comprehensive experience managing Facilities and EHS policies, staff, standards, programs, and procedures, preferably at a Biotech, Pharma or Life Sciences company with a CLIA certified lab.
- Proven track record of establishing and managing a robust maintenance management system, work order system, predictive maintenance / reliability engineering.
- Compliance oriented mindset with demonstrated competence in developing and implementing strategy, responding to challenges, maintaining critical documentation, and mitigating risks.
- Demonstrated success managing engineering and capital projects including relationship management and coordination of architects, general contractors, project managers, and outside vendors and contractors.
- Strong desire to champion EHS excellence.
- Strong leadership skills and proven success in building and leading high-performing, diverse, and inclusive teams, including goal setting, performance coaching, and professional career development.
- Executive level verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience managing budgets, ensuring projects stay within budget and timeline.
- Experience in the areas of EH&S, IQ, OQ, and PQ, as well as plant/equipment commissioning and validation
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.