Personalis is a rapidly growing cancer genomics company transforming the development of next-generation therapies by providing more comprehensive molecular data about each patient’s cancer and immune response. Our ImmunoID NeXT Platform® is enabling the development of next generation immuno-oncology therapeutics and diagnostics.
The Senior Director, HR Business Partner and Compensation Head will play an integral role as a Business Partner to the Organization and by leading the design, implementation and ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness of Personalis’s global compensation programs. Partners with senior leadership to ensure that the compensation design, communication and administration supports short-term and long-term business objectives. Compensation programs include broad-based, executive and equity compensation design and implementation. As a Business Partner, demonstrates effective and appropriate influencing skills with senior management/partners, combining high-level human capital knowledge with deep organizational understanding. Builds strong relationships with solid trust and mutual respect as the foundation. Strategic thought partner to the executives and will have a business-focused mindset to help translate business objectives to human capital strategies.
As a Business Partner
- Partners with EVP/SVP level executives to provide proactive and strategic guidance and support for organizational planning and development initiatives that align the human resources agenda in support of key business strategies and initiatives.
- Ensures that strategic global human capital goals and initiatives in client groups align as appropriate across the broader organization.
- Serves as a strategic business partner to senior leadership focused on a transformational talent agenda designed to attract, develop and retain the best talent in the industry.
- Contributes to the business strategy by helping leaders identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, team structures, and processes.
- Has a data driven mindset to assess organizational metrics and provide insights to the business
- Consistently measures effectiveness of HR initiatives and programs to ensure they are delivering desired outcomes.
- Helps foster a culture of innovation, in an environment that requires high levels of scalability, security and reliability.
- Closely partners with HR Centers of Excellences and other HRBPs to deliver superior results to the business
- Serves as a role model and thought leader on Human Capital issues and coaches Human Resource staff in their development.
- Support functions by reviewing and monitoring organizational health, workforce planning, scientific and technology practices, design and drive programs and initiatives, coaching, development, work on footprint planning.
- Creates and implements strategic organization and talent plans and drives executive talent evaluation and pay decisions.
- Proactively identifies and drives improvements to large scale initiatives, including org design and other org-related changes.
- Influences leaders to make changes in organizational structure or processes to support growth within the organization.
- Continually evaluates the effectiveness of functional and business unit leadership teams and support ongoing development of those teams.
- Ensures organizational success in complex business situations such as mergers, acquisitions, workforce buildouts, and reorganizations.
- Responsible for identifying the need for HR programs or strategies to support business objectives, as well as strategic direction.
- Provides senior management with an interpretation of current HR policies.
- Manages and resolves Employee Relations issues through effective and objective investigation processes, ensuring adherence to appropriate employment laws and Company policies.
- Identifies training needs and develops solutions to build capability within the assigned client group.
- Develops and conducts presentations to leaders and managers on a variety of HR subjects.
- Oversees the development of the Company’s global compensation philosophy, structure and processes.
- Works closely with CHRO and Senior HR partners on Benefits, designs Total Rewards approach to programs, policies, and tools for the organization. Develops and articulates a strategic vision across compensation, benefits, and other benefit related areas.
As the Head of Compensation
- Responsible for employee compensation, equity, base pay and incentive plan administration, and providing support for Executive Compensation programs.
- Creates opportunities to leverage strategic global solutions, as appropriate, throughout Personalis.
- Commission benchmarking studies to assess and align internal programs with comparable external pay practices.
- Ensures data integrity and proactively monitor all regulatory compliance requirements (e.g., reporting, disclosure, procedures) for compensation programs (e.g., minimum wage, FLSA, ERISA, PPACA, GINA, HIPAA)
- Represents Compensation and serves as program director on multiple internal initiatives, as well as representing Personalis in external HR forums.
- Provides education, mentoring and training to direct reports as well as broader HR staff on processes and professional practices within the total rewards area and directly interact with all levels of employees.
- Designs and implements training programs for managers and employees in areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 12+ years of progressive experience in human resource management, including successful business partnership, with proven success in linking HR strategies to the business
- People management and leadership experience
- Minimum 6+ years of progressive Compensation experience
- CCP and/or GRP Certification, along with proven global experience in the Total Rewards area.
- Experience designing and delivering programs in the following areas:
- Workforce Planning
- Talent Management
- Change Management
- Leadership Development
- Employee Engagement
- Cultural Change
- Organizational Design
- Executive presence and strong communication skills to partner with senior levels of management
- Strong collaboration skills within and outside of HR.
- Experience in a growing global business and positive reputation for working effectively across levels of an organization.
- Successful implementation of operational and strategic programs and processes across a dispersed region
- Ability to assess an organization, identify gaps, and develop solutions.
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills, honed in a demanding and high performing work environment.
- Strategic, critical thinker who isn’t afraid to get into the weeds; a real passion for problem-solving
- Ability to build effective work relationships at all levels of the organization, influence behavior, and manage change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- A high degree of integrity and honesty; ability to exercise confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations.
- Ability and willingness to work at all levels of the HR “stack” – strategic, operational, and tactical
- Demonstrated experience driving change and leading compensation initiatives, (base, bonus, short-term and long-term incentives) on a global basis.
- Ability to partner in developing the Total Rewards approach by developing, communicating, and building consensus for goals and programs that support company objectives.
- Ability to lead change efforts and manage change in a fluid environment.
- Demonstrated strong financial acumen and experience designing rewards that are aligned to corporate-wide and/or regional objectives.
- Master’s degree or MBA
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.