Personalis is a rapidly growing cancer genomics company transforming the development of next-generation therapies by providing more comprehensive molecular data about each patient’s cancer and immune response. Our ImmunoID NeXT Platform® is enabling the development of next generation immuno-oncology therapeutics and diagnostics.
We are seeking a highly experienced Senior Director of Program Management to lead critical R&D programs and manage a team of program/project managers for cross-functional initiatives in R&D including Personalis’ leading products in cancer research and diagnostics. The person will be expected to work closely with leaders and experts across the organization including R&D, medical affairs, operations, and marketing.
- Responsible for managing cross-functional product and platform development projects and programs with software engineering, bioinformatics, laboratory science, and operations components.
- Guide scientific development and Agile development teams through executing projects and programs through the entire product life cycle, revising plans to meet changing needs and requirements and ensuring correct prioritization. Proactively manage impediments and opportunities and use expertise and leadership to affect results.
- Develop and implement product development processes and best practices across R&D.
- Promote, facilitate, and manage communication between cross-functional groups to effectively set timelines, ensure clear and complete requirements, designs, plans and test cases, and keep projects and programs on target with organizational objectives.
- Ensure project documentation is current, complete, and organized appropriately across all programs.
- Use knowledge and experience in blending an Agile development approach with traditional product development principles and business practices in the right proportions to fit complex projects that cross business functions.
- Create a positive team environment and lead, motivate, and organize teams to execute projects and programs in accordance with strategic objectives.
- Work with management to translate vision and strategy into roadmaps and release plans. Drive product development processes, agile development practices, and coach/mentor others in best practices.
- Identify and communicate potential bottlenecks, drive discussions around key risks, issues, and mitigation strategies. Ensure that appropriate resources are allocated to agreed upon priorities.
- Participate in backlog grooming, sprint planning, and daily standups to identify gaps and help find solutions.
- Establish clear, aligned goals and direction; provide candid feedback and coaching to maximize team competency, support career management and development of direct reports
- Handle multiple priorities with minimal direction from management
- Ownership of complex, multi-faceted, open-ended problems and drive them to completion
- Build and manage a team of program/project managers.
- PhD or MS in a scientific or engineering discipline with 12+ years of program management experience.
- Experience in Genomics and life science is required.
- Significant understanding and practical experience with Agile methods and tools as well as strong knowledge of software development lifecycles, project management tools, and product development principles and practices.
- Team oriented, self-motivated, and enjoy working in a high energy start-up environment where ideas are rapidly translated into practice and flexibility is critical.
- Proven record of delivering high quality projects from early stages through delivery.
- Responsive, positive, can do attitude with ability to manage multiple tasks and projects/releases simultaneously, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Ability to motivate teams and fill the gaps that need to be filled in a maturing startup environment.
- Experience in software development, bioinformatics, and/or genomics is desirable.
- Knowledge of medical genetics, genomics, and oncology a plus.
- Experience using and administering Jira/Confluence.
- Experience with smartsheet, MS project, or other planning software.
- PMP, CSM, and/or CPO certifications desirable.
- Experience in a CLIA/CAP certified and/or FDA regulated environment is a plus.
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.