Personalis is a rapidly growing cancer genomics company transforming the development of next-generation therapies by providing more comprehensive molecular data about each patient’s cancer and immune response. Our ImmunoID NeXT Platform® is enabling the development of next generation immuno-oncology therapeutics and diagnostics.
Shanghai Personalis Biotechnology Co., Ltd., is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Personalis, Inc., a global company headquartered in the US that provides cutting-edge NGS genomic solutions for immuno-oncology, cancer, and inherited disease. Personalis' patented ACE (Accuracy and Content Enhanced) Platform provides an integrated, innovative, high accuracy technological solution from NGS sequencing to interpretation for precision medicine applications. The ACE Platform forms the technological basis for enabling Personalis' leading products for immuno-oncology, cancer diagnostics, and inherited disease.
You will work with a world-class, dynamic team of bioinformatics scientists, software engineers, laboratory scientists, assay developers, product managers, and clinicians applying our cutting-edge cancer and immuno-oncology solutions to plan, manage, analyze, and interpret impactful collaborative R&D projects. You will be part of a team focused on delivering the ImmunoID NeXT™ products to support customers and collaborators in developing a new generation of genomics-based precision medicine products in immuno-oncology and cancer clinical trials, diagnostics, and therapeutics.
As part of the overall LIMS & Data Management group, you will be a key member of a team of engineers and analysts, focused on the development and support of core lab information and data delivery systems. The main goals will be to develop a highly automated lab and achieve a substantially shorter sample turnaround time. The position reports to the LIMS Auxiliary Manager and is based in Shanghai China.
- Work closely with a variety of internal stakeholders in China and US to:
- Design, development, and deploy improvements and extensions to the LIMS and Data Management systems, as well as associated lab instruments and software systems.
- Implement mechanisms for tracking key process, performance, and business metrics.
- Provide maintenance and support for day-to-day LIMS and data delivery operations, including the troubleshooting of lab instruments, barcode printers, lab scientists’ workstations, etc.
- Proactively identify areas for process improvements and generate software solutions for them.
- Perform IQ, OQ, and PQ on the LIMS and related systems, and prepare the associated documentation.
- M.S. in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Biology, Physics, or a related field, plus 3 years of work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience supporting high throughput lab information systems in a production environment.
- Experience working with lab scientists on software development and/or analysis projects.
- Experience working in a Linux/UNIX environment.
- Fluent with at least one programming language, with a strong preference for Java or Python.
- Database design and development experience, preferably with MySQL or SQL Server.
- Basic familiarity with NGS data sets and analysis tools, with a preference for the Illumina platform.
- Detail-oriented work style.
- Collaborative approach to identifying problems and implementing solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent in Mandarin and English.
- Experience with developing and supporting software in a regulated environment, e.g. CLIA, CAP, etc.
- Experience with cloud computing environments, e.g. Alibaba Cloud.
- Familiarity with industry software development procedures, in particular Agile development strategies.
- Experience with HPC environments.
- Knowledge of basic statistics.
- Experience in data visualization.
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.