Personalis is a rapidly growing cancer genomics company transforming the development of next-generation therapies by providing more comprehensive molecular data about each patient’s cancer and immune response. Our ImmunoID NeXT Platform® is enabling the development of next-generation immuno-oncology therapeutics and diagnostics.
You will work with a world-class, dynamic team of bioinformatics scientists, software engineers, and laboratory scientists, developing, testing, and applying cutting-edge single-cell sequencing technologies and algorithms. You will investigate proteogenomic signatures, immune-cell deconvolution, immune-repertoire dynamics, expression signatures, and neoantigen screening. Further, you will work alongside the tumor microenvironment, biomarker, and collaboration teams to apply your approaches to explore therapeutic response at the single-cell level in a number of biological areas including molecular oncology and cancer immunology. Your work will directly contribute to a new generation of genomics-based precision-medicine products in immuno-oncology and cancer clinical trials, diagnostics, and therapeutics being used by pharma, biotech, hospitals, and clinicians.
- Design and develop algorithms for analyzing single-cell sequencing data
- Design and execute scientific projects and experiments focused on exploring cancer patient response to therapy at the single-cell level
- Identify single-cell signatures which can be expanded into effective therapeutic biomarkers for cancer therapy
- Track current literature to identify and curate single-cell datasets for internal cross-study comparisons
- Work cross-functionally to translate findings into actively developed cutting-edge products
- Publish results and present at conferences in exciting areas, including cell-free DNA, cancer genomics, and immuno-oncology
- Advanced degree (Ph.D.) in bioinformatics, genomics, computational biology, or a related field
- Deep understanding of single-cell approaches, analysis, and applications
- Expertise analyzing data generated using single-cell technologies (scRNA-seq, snRNA-Seq, CITE-seq, etc)
- Proficiency with at least one common programming language (e.g., Python, R)
- Experience processing and analyzing NGS data (DNA and RNA)
- Experience with analysis and interpretation of working with single-cell proteogenomics, immune cell deconvolution, immune repertoire profiling, and/or neoantigen screening studies.
- Experience with spatial transcriptomics
- Knowledge of immunology and oncology
- Knowledge of neoantigens, immune checkpoint therapies, and tumor escape mechanisms
- Experience with applied statistics
- Familiarity with cancer databases: Cosmic, TCGA, dbGAP, etc.
- Experience with BASH scripting and Unix/Linux command line tools
- Familiarity with grid computing systems such as SGE
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.