Personalis is a high quality genomics services provider with a mission to pioneer genome-guided medicine in immunotherapy. Our priority is to obtain the most accurate genetic data from each patient sample by utilizing our proprietary technology and customer-focused data delivery process. Our assays are based on whole human exome and transcriptome sequencing, conducted in our state-of-the art laboratory. We incorporate proprietary databases, sophisticated algorithms, and customizable reporting.
Personalis provides pharmaceutical, biotech, and academic researchers an accurate and comprehensive end-to-end human genome sequencing and analysis solution for clinical trials and translational research needs in immuno-oncology. Headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, we are seeking a talented and highly motivated Field Applications Scientist (West Coast) to join our Team.
The Field Applications Scientist is the scientific expert in oncology, clinical and research practices, and competitor landscape. This position will be a member of a cross-disciplinary team in support of sales and business development efforts and assisting in conducting customer meetings, seminars and demonstrations for a range of Personalis products. This position is an integral part of the marketing effort, generating analytical data for use in marketing material, trade shows, publications and technical briefs as well as providing input on new product or application areas. Through their expertise and external interactions, they will gain and share the scientific and technical voice of the customer that will assist in the development and execution of innovative strategies and plans that clearly support development of genomic solutions for researchers and clinicians driving immunotherapy.
As the scientific expert in our products, the Field Applications Scientist (FAS) will build long-term relationships and establish rapport with principle investigators, researchers, and clinicians in pharma, hospitals/clinics, and academic centers. In particular, the FAS will provide strong support of cancer applications specifically in the Pharma and Biopharma clinical trials and translational research markets through highly scientific product discussions.
The Field Applications Scientist will be a resource to company management regarding market dynamics, alternative testing protocols, business development/risks and customer feedback. Specifically, the Field Applications Scientist will be the primary point of contact for sales support of the Personalis Immuno-oncology portfolio for our clients (West Coast; US).
- Provide technical and clinical research input, advice, and support for sales either in person, by phone or by email/web
- Travel with sales to customer sites to provide technical/scientific input and give presentations
- Help assess customer technical requirements for project proposals
- Generation of application specific content for use by sales and marketing (application notes and tech briefs)
- Organize and support customer demonstrations at Personalis and customer sites
- Develop applications-based scientific posters and presentations and represent Personalis products and services at appropriate scientific tradeshows and conference meetings
- Help sales team to assess target customer’s application to prioritize prospecting activities
- Work with Field team to provide support to ensure the application is functioning correctly in the customer’s hands. Provide data review and reporting support to customers
- Trouble shoot applications related problems, work with R&D and product managers to transition routine product training to the sales group
- Assist existing customers with their needs and questions, interacting with our CRM database and supporting our sales staff
- Help in manage data transfer specifications and reporting output
- Work directly with sales to support customer-specific applications
- Work closely with R&D team to link customer application use and experience back into the R&D team for assessment of the needs of any product modifications
- Provide applications development leadership in terms of identification and implementation of new applications which may positively impact sales
- PhD degree in the life sciences required
- Expertise in cancer research required (focus in immuno-oncology preferred)
- Experience in molecular biology and DNA/RNA sequencing highly desired
- Experience in NGS Bioinformatics a plus
- Must be technically competent and have good people skills to work with a variety of diverse
- Excellent communication skills; both verbally and written. Experience delivering seminars and leading group discussions and data reviews a plus
- >50% travel requirement
- >2 years of FAS experience (Pharma experience desired)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with translational research scientists and external collaborators, particularly within the pharma market
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams including Marketing, R&D, Operations and Sales
- Strong desire to work in a demanding, high-energy, hands-on startup environment
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.