Personalis is a rapidly growing cancer genomics company transforming the development of next-generation therapies by providing more comprehensive molecular data about each patient’s cancer and immune response. Our ImmunoID NeXT Platform® is enabling the development of next generation immuno-oncology therapeutics and diagnostics.
You will work with a world-class, dynamic team of bioinformatics scientists, software engineers, and laboratory scientists, developing, testing, and applying cutting-edge cell-free cancer genomics products. Further, you will be working alongside our collaboration teams, applying our cell-free solutions to large cancer patient cohorts, profiling patient response to therapy with our exome-scale cfDNA platforms. Your work will directly contribute to a new generation of genomics-based precision-medicine products in immuno-oncology and cancer clinical trials, diagnostics, and therapeutics being used by pharma, biotech, hospitals, and clinicians.
- Design, develop, and build upon our novel cell free platforms and products, including our exome scale NeXT LB platform.
- Design and execute scientific projects and experiments focused on demonstrating the performance as well as research and clinical advantages our of cell-free platforms.
- Identify and explore new variant classes, biomarkers, and therapeutically related features, which can be profiled from liquid biopsy.
- Develop methods for genomics-based characterization of immuno-modulators and biomarkers for immuno-therapy.
- Work cross-functionally to translate findings into actively developed cutting-edge products.
- Design and implement validation strategies for genomics analysis tools and pipelines.
- Publish results and present at conferences in exciting areas, including cell-free DNA, cancer genomics, and immuno-oncology.
- Advanced degree (PhD) in bioinformatics, genomics, or a related field.
- Experience with cancer genomics and variant detection, particularly in cancer.
- Proficiency with at least one common programming language (e.g., Python, R).
- Experience with genomic analysis of NGS cell free DNA assays strongly preferred.
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with cancer genomics software: Mutect, Varscan2, etc.
- Experience of cancer variant detection – Small variants, fusions, CNAs, etc.
- Experience in immuno-oncology.
- Knowledge of neoantigens, immune checkpoint therapies, and tumor escape mechanisms.
- Experience with standard genomics software: BWA, GATK, SAMTools, etc.
- Familiarity with cancer databases: Cosmic, TCGA, etc.
- Experience developing bioinformatics pipelines and tools for NGS.
- Experience with BASH scripting and Unix/Linux command line tools.
- Familiarity with version control systems, preferably Git.
- Familiarity with grid computing systems such as SGE.
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.