Personalis is a rapidly growing cancer genomics company transforming the development of next-generation therapies by providing more comprehensive molecular data about each patient’s cancer and immune response. Our ImmunoID NeXT Platform® is enabling the development of next generation immuno-oncology therapeutics and diagnostics.
The Senior Manager, International Accounting & Consolidations will be working closely with foreign subsidiary accounting teams to ensure accurate and timely processing of transactions, month-end closing, and consistent reporting as required by corporate headquarters. It is critical for this person to help train and advise corporate requirements such as policies, procedures, processes, internal controls, and deadlines for seamless workflow between subsidiaries and headquarters.
Working together with foreign subsidiary accounting teams including, in China and UK, you will be responsible for monitoring accounting transactions, and leading the consolidations accounting process that includes subsidiary reporting. This position is responsible for developing and enhancing processes to be efficient, and automate workflow wherever possible, with the consideration of robust internal controls at all times.
- Act as a liaison to foreign subsidiary accounting teams. Provide advice for classification about classification of recording transactions. Review accounting transactions for accuracy, including accounts payable, customer invoicing and accounts receivable, revenue, fixed assets, and payroll. Ensure transactions are in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Review foreign subsidiary month-end close submissions, including general ledger entries for sub-ledgers as well as manual journal entries for accuracy as part of the month-end accounting close.
- Support the build-out of accounting processes for cycles including procure-to-pay, order-to-cash, month-end close, and fixed assets. Ensure foreign subsidiary reporting formats are consistent with corporate requirements.
- Responsible for accurately and timely consolidation all Company legal entity books in accordance with ASC 830. Proper elimination of intercompany balances at each month-end.
- Refine and enhance as required, the process for recording and elimination of intercompany transactions. Ensure timely account settlements, and ensure all balances are reconciled each month. Record eliminations entries efficiently.
- Lead and drive the QAD implementation at foreign subsidiaries, including sub-ledgers for accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, and manufacturing. Assist with training the local accounting team on system usage.
- Life Science or Healthcare experience preferred. Experience with US GAAP to China GAAP differences for finance and accounting.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to interact and communicate with all levels within an organization.
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams effectively, build relationship based on trust and mutual respect, and influence without direct authority.
- Hands on, detailed oriented and with the ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Great team player, flexible and able to adapt to a changing environment. Act as change agent.
- Exceptional organizational, problem solving, anticipatory and follow up skills.
- Proficient user of Excel (VLookup, Pivot Tables, etc.) and Word, and Powerpoint, tools from Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required. Master’s degree is a plus.
- CPA is required.
- 15 years of progressive experience in U.S public company. Prior experience with International Accounting and consolidations accounting multi-national company is required.
- Manufacturing experience within a clinical laboratory environment is a plus.
- Experience with QAD, Oracle, or other relevant ERP systems is required.
- Proficient in Mandarin is a plus.
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.